As his summer tour crosses the country, Bernie Sanders is drawing record-setting crowds. We went to Bernie's recent gig at Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena to get an up-close glimpse of Sandersmania.
- August 11, 2015
- 31k Views
Starring Megan Neuringer and Alex Scordelis
Written by Alex Scordelis
Director of Photography - Aaron Ulrich
Camera Operator - Brian Lane
Sound Mixer - JP Robelot for BoTown Sound
Editor - Brad Schulz
Production Assistant - Talia Futia
Producer - Sean Boyle
August 11, 2015
Alex Scordelis: Hi, I'm Alex.
Megan Neuringer: And I'm Megan.
- And we're at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Here to see Bernie Sanders live.
make some noise for Bernie.
Need two tickets.
What are you looking forward to hearing Bernie perform tonight?
The climate change is real.
- I love that one. That was a really good one.
- $15 dollar minimum wage.
- That one might be my favorite though of all, but I don't know...
- More than break up the banks?
- No, nothing beats break up the banks.
- Break up the banks is his greatest hit.
- It really is.
- Describe back stage at a Bernie Sanders concert to us.
- Oh man, everyone is having a good time.
They don't call it a political party for nothing.
- So would you say that you are a Fander?
Is that the term for someone that follows Bernie?
- That's a great word. I'm going to start using that.
I am a Fander.
- Are you looking forward to hearing any of Bernie's
greatest hits tonight?
- I'm definitely interested in hearing how to
make college affordable.
I think it's terrible if Germany can make college free for everybody,
and we can't. We've been a democratic nation longer than they have.
- What do you think about the beef between Drake and Bernie?
Have you heard about the beef?
- I'm not familiar with that.
- Drake accused Bernie of not writing
his own campaign platform.
- I wouldn't pay to much attention to that.
- Oh, so what are your favorite Bernie hits?
What do you want him to play tonight?
- My favorite Bernie hit would be, lessen inequality,
because we know that it's natural, but we need it to be gentler and kinder,
and of course, let's kind of like do this together,
because the isms are kind of like played out,
and it's a we-ism, not a me.
- That rocks.
- Have you been bootlegging any of these shows of Bernies?
- You know I haven't really been. Have you?
- Yeah, totally. I've definitely been
bootlegging his shows. I actually have
I have Bernie live in Iowa,
and I got Bernie in Portland last night.
This is fresh.
This has an awesome, awesome version of climate change is real.
If this hacky sack in my pocket...
If this symbolizes corporate money,
how hard would Bernie kick it?
- It can only go around that way.