- [Man] This is the boy.
Born here in the workhouse.
- What's your name, boy?
- You have come here to be educated
and to be taught a useful trade.
- Whenever you stitch yourself up
you do make a bloody mess.
- Take down the shutters!
- Bats are nocturnal.
- Bats may be but even for billionaire playboys
three o'clock is pushing it.
- Dear me, he's very small.
- But he'll grow, Mrs. Salbury
- Yes, I dare say he will,
on our food and drink.
- What is the point of all those push ups
if you can't even lift a bloody log?
- [Young Woman] Let him alone.
- [Older Woman] Well everybody's let him alone,
his mother, father and all his relations has let him alone.
- Just you, sir?
- [Woman] He called me a liar.
(whip whooshing, hitting surface)
- Maybe it's time we all stop trying to outsmart the truth
and let it have it's day.
- [Bruce Wayne] Why do you give a damn, Alfred?
It's not your family.
- I give a damn because a good man
once made me responsible.
- Take the boy away
and treat him kindly.
He seems to want it.
- House boys always cost more to take than they're worth.
Get downstairs, you bag of bones.