Trae Crowder (The Liberal Redneck) recruits his fellow redneck comedians Corey Ryan Forrester and Drew Morgan to perform at "The Gathering", a gay naturist retreat, only to discover that none of them know what a naturist actually is.
- November 06, 2017
- 2m Views
Corey Ryan Forrester
Director: Sam Sabawi
Producer: Mackenzie Hill
Post Producer: Mackenzie Hill
Editor: Sam Sabawi
Executive Producer: Kate Lilly
Production Coordinator: Jack Bradley
Cinematographer: Nate Gold
B Cam Op: David Liebling
Sound Mixer: Robert La Rosa
Special Thanks to:
Gay Naturists International
November 06, 2017
- [Trae] I'm Trae Crowder,
and these ass-nekkid fellers,
well, that's a long story.
Let me rewind.
'Bout a year ago, I shot a video
about that bass-ackwards transgender bathroom bill
they had in North Carolina.
I been seeing all these Facebook posts
about transgender bathrooms.
You do know that transgender people
have existed forever, right?
What bathrooms you think they been using?
The video went viral, and then
this liberal redneck became fam-
well, not famous, internet famous, kind of.
As a comedian, I appeared on a number
of television and radio shows.
And hell, they even gave me and my writing partners,
Corey and Drew, a book deal.
And then one day, we got a call
about doing a show in the Poconos.
And it all started with a nice
little ride through the woods.
- [Drew] This is gorgeous out here.
- Yeah, it's very pretty.
- What is this again?
- What are we doing?
- Comedy at a--
- It's like a campsite,
or something like that.
- [Drew] We're doing comedy at a campsite?
- [Trae] I think it's like an environmental thing.
I mean it's gay, it's gay dudes that do it, but ah, I dunno.
- [Drew] Gay conservationists.
- My dad thinks those are the same thing.
- Conservationists and gays?
- Just the same, interchangeable.
(twangy picturesque acoustic guitar music)
The fuck is this place?
This is huge.
- [Trae] It looks like teenagers get murdered here.
- [Drew] It does.
- It's pretty, though.
- [Corey] It is very pretty.
- [Trae] Teenagers often get murdered--
- [Drew] Where it's pretty.
- [Corey] And the teenagers often have drugs.
(twangy banjo music)
- [Guide] Welcome to the Poconos!
Isn't this a beautiful place?
- It is, this country--
- It is absolutely amazing.
- Almost looks like Tennessee.
- [Trae] A little, few things different.
- Your show, people are just buzzing.
What is he gonna say this time?
- I have no idea!
- Oh, okay!
- Have to think on it.
- [Guide] Are you ready for this?
- [Trae] Ready as we can be, yeah!
- [Guide] Here's home away from home!
- This is cabin K1.
- K1, I like it.
- How many people are here?
- 500 people!
- Okay, that's a lot, thank you so much.
- We appreciate ya.
- Oh, and there are no locks.
- What do you mean, there's no lock, like on the door?
- No lock on your, no no.
- Seems to be an open door type situation
going on, for sure.
- Come and go as we please?
- Yeah, yeah.
We'll try to keep others out.
- So glad to have you.
- See ya later!
- Good to see ya, man.
- Well this is rustic.
You hungry, Corey?
- What does GNI stand for?
- Gay Naturists, International or
Incorporated something like that.
- You told this was some gay environmentalists.
- Well I mean, it has nature in the name.
It's in the mountains!
- (giggling) Naturists means nudists,
that's why everyone's got their dick out!
- I thought nudist meant nudist!
- Okay, first off, I didn't know what naturist meant either.
- To be fair, what did you think when we pulled up,
all the trees and all this stuff, you know, I mean.
Was you expecting wieners?
- No, that's my point.
I wasn't expecting wieners,
now we gotta do comedy to wieners!
- What's wrong with that?!
- I don't have a problem with it.
- I just, it's just shocking!
- What if--
- I don't have a problem
with hot tubs, but if you just throw me in one
in my clothes, I'm gonna be like, what the fuck is going on?
- It's different.
- It is quite different.
- Yeah, it's
- Anyways, this is fine, this is fine.
This is fine.
- I feel good about it.
- My whole point is this is fine.
I'm just saying like, you know, dip our toes in the water.
The nekkid wiener water.
Look here, look at this.
- [Drew] What is it?
- This is what they've got going on.
Leatherworks, celebrating the body erotic,
lunch, nekkid tennis--
- Hold on, go back to that one.
- Is there, is it a nekkid lunch?
- Sloppy joes, very sloppy joes I would imagine.
Volleyball, tennis, yoga.
- I ain't playing volleyball nekkid.
The balls going everywhere.
- They do have ping pong tables, though.
That seems, that's less high impact.
- Way more my speed.
- Are we doing a show naked?
- I'm just, we talk a lot of shit about being liberals
and we're openminded and all of that stuff,
so I mean, you know.
How liberal are we really?
How comfortable are we really?
You know what I mean?
- Well, look--
- It's an opportunity, fellas, but, you know.
- Put your wieners where the mouth is.
- Yes, put our wieners where our mouths are.
- How that old phrase goes.
(steel guitar music)
- Even as a straight dude, it takes
about three minutes before all the sudden,
you just don't eve see dicks anymore.
You're just like yeah, wah, whatever.
It's like how you can always see your nose,
but your brain tunes it out
because you see it all the goddamn time?
That's how your dicks are to me,
they're like noses, they're like very smelly noses.
- I heard this is a nudist retreat.
I come here, half of y'all got nine piece outfits on, ah.
We're nudists, that means your dick
is out to you guys, that's what that means?
- You wanna get rid of the Confederate flag forever,
all that needs to happen is the LGBT movement
needs to formally adopt the flag as their logo.
One of, one of my sons will come home one day.
"Dad, we need to talk."
No son of mine's gonna be an Alabama fan.
S'all I'm saying.
"What, dad, no!
"Dad, I'm gay."
Oh thank God!
I thought it was gonna be something serious!
- Where I come from, there's like
this whole debate on whether or not
a woman should be able to breastfeed in public,
so like our, the whole Southern thing on nudity
is a little bit "Aaaah, I don't know!"
And then, so, coming from a Southern guy's perspective,
I come up here and there's just,
I'll say it, ding-dongs all about.
Which is fine, and I didn't sincerely know
how comfortable I was gonna be.
- Ten minutes off the bus, um,
clothes are off, and it's just...
We are connecting to each other, like right, you and I are.
- I'm watching your
expressions, I'm listening to what you're saying--
- And I haven't looked at your wiener once.
I just did, but I hadn't,
this is the first time!
- In the gay community, we've dealt with so many struggles--
- That we've become much more in tuned with ourselves.
- And we are comfortable with ourselves.
Since I was a kid, I'd like,
(men talking over each other)
I would go out in the woods,
(whoosh) off come the clothes,
- But see, I think--
- and off I go.
- You'd just run
in the woods nekkid--
- Yeah, I'd just like,
you know, wander around and, you know.
- No, I do get that.
- Yeah! (chuckles)
- When I'm in the South, even though I am
a self-proclaimed liberal redneck,
of course people oppose my views
and those are not the most popular things in the red state.
Looking the way I do, sounding the way I do, I blend in.
So like I can still "be myself"
as long as I don't talk about how much
I think abortion clinics should be funded.
For somebody like you, do you feel like
when you come out here for the 10 days,
this is the most you that you can be?
- It... you, you've nailed it.
- This is it.
Um, when I'm here,
I am more accepted,
um, more cared about,
um, not judged.
- Before you heard of Trae Crowder,
the Liberal Redneck, and before you were familiar with us,
what did the word redneck mean to you?
- Oh, gosh.
- Be as honest, please.
- Um, ultra-conservative, it is close-minded,
it is um, stuck.
I have loved Trae's videos.
You can have an amazing accent,
a different point of view.
- So, man, thank you so much
for talking to me, Bryan, I appreciate ya.
- See, told y'all.
Fun, good time.
- I am having a blast.
I've literally, I don't think I've ever
felt more comfortable around a group of people.
- They've been so nice to me.
- We didn't get nekkid though, I mean.
Everybody's made us very comfortable,
everybody's been very sweet and accommodating.
- It's not, it's not them, it's me.
- I know, it's you--
- Yeah, it turns out
you can be liberal and ashamed of yourself at the same time.
- Right, right.
- Well, yeah.
- Anyway, it's about 5 o'clock, right?
We know what that means.
(can seals cracking)
(bluesy rock-influenced music)
Y'all wanna get nekkid and play ping-pong?
- Hell yeah.
- Imma ref.