Do you experience feelings of unease when you see a woman breast-feeding in public?... more »
Published August 12, 2014 36k views More Info »
Additional Credits
Additional Credits:
Starring Erin Gibson & Bryan Safi
Written by Erin Gibson & Bryan Safi
Producer: Ross Buran
Producer: Ben Sheehan
Camera Op: Cristina Dunlap
Editor: Ian Skalski
Camera Op: Matt Sweeney
Art: Tricia Robertson
Follow Erin & Bryan on Twitter
Erin:
http://www.twitter.com/gibblertron
Bryan:
http://www.twitter.com/bryansafi


> (ERIN):
THIS IS...
(ERIN AND BRYAN TOGETHER):
THROWING SHADE.

> (BRYAN):
WHERE FEMINASTY ERIN GIBSON,

> (ERIN):
AND HOMOSENSUAL BRYAN SAFI,

> (BRYAN):
TAKE A LOOK AT THE HEADLINES AND POLITICS,

> (ERIN):
AND POP CULTURE,

> (BRYAN):
AND TREAT THEM WITH MUCH
LESS RESPECT THAN THEY DESERVE.
(ERIN): CAN YOU HANDLE IT?
BRYAN CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE
US ON WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH
YOUR ELECTRIC BILL?

> HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED.
I CALLED THEM, AND MADE AN
APPOINTMENT FOR THEM TO COME OUT.
THEY SAID WE'LL BE THERE,
AND THEN I CALLED BACK, AND
SAID THAT DAYS NOT GOING TO WORK,
AND THEY WERE LIKE OK,
WELL LET US KNOW WHAT WILL.
SO I CALLED THEM BACK
AND I SAID THIS DAY WILL WORK,
AND THEN I CALLED THEM BACK
AND SAID IT WON'T WORK.
SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HOLD UP IS.

> WHY DON'T YOU PAY LIKE A
COLLEGE KID TO OR SOMETHING--

> I DID - THEY STOLE MY MONEY.

> OOH.

> AND MY CAR.

> OOH.

> I GAVE A STRANGER MY CAR,
AND TOLD HIM--

> IS THAT WHY YOU'RE
DRIVING A VOLKSWAGEN VAN?

> YEAH.

> OH. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?

> OH, SOME IDIOT, WHO
LEFT THEIR CAR DOOR OPEN AT SIX FLAGS.

> OH, YOU
WERE AT SIX FLAGS ROBBING PEOPLE?

> UH-HUH (chuckles)

> YEAH.

> IT'S SO, ERIN
HONESTLY IT TOOK ME 30 YEARS
TO PERFECT, BUT BASICALLY
I DRESS UP AS SPIDERMAN--

> SO YOU STARTED
THIS WHEN YOU WERE FIVE?

> YES.

> UH-HUH...

> I DRESS UP AS SPIDERMAN
BUT I GO TO--

> YOU DO A SHOW...

> YEAH, BUT I GO TO THE SMURFS
SHOW, AND IT'S A WHOLE
SPECTACLE AND I JUMP IN, AND
THEN I PULL OUT A GUN, AND
I SAY, "WHO HAS A VAN?", AND
THEN I GET THE KEYS AND I GO.

> OOH, I SEE. AND THEN YOU'VE
NEVER BEEN ARRESTED?

> NEVER.

> HAVE YOU BEEN TO ITALY?

> I HAVE BEEN TO ITALY.
I WENT TO FLORENCE, AND
I WENT TO VENICE.

> YOU DON'T SPEAK A LICK OF
ITALIAN.

> WELL THAT DOESN'T
MEAN ANYTHING--

> IT DOES - IT MEANS THE WORLD.

> NO, IT DOES...

> HOW DO YOU ORDER A COFFEE
IF YOU DON'T SPEAK ITALIAN
IN ITALY?

> UH, ONE ICE COFFEE.

> NO, THEY'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.

> OH THERE YOU MEAN?

> THEY'LL TAKE A BAGUETTE AND
THEY'LL SLAP YOU IN THE FACE
BECAUSE THEY HATE
THE FRENCH TOO.

> I TAKE FOLGERS
EVERYWHERE I GO--
SO I DON'T TRUST COFFEE
IN ANY OTHER
COUNTRY BUT THIS ONE, SO.

> MM-HMM.
IN ITALY THEY SERVE COFFEE AT
A GAS STATION, ESPRESSO,
THAT TASTE BETTER THAN ALL
THE ESPRESSOS I'VE HAD AT EVEN
IN THE NICEST RESTAURANTS HERE.

> I DON'T TRUST IT. I'M NOT GOING
TO GET INVOLVED IN THE MOB,
NOT ANY TIME SOON.

> W-WHAT DO YOU MEAN, AGAIN?

> YEAH, EXACTLY.
I'M NOT DOING THAT AGAIN.

> YEAH--

> EVERY TIME I GO TO
ITALY I END UP IN MOB.

> THAT CHARACTER THAT MICHELLE PFEIFFER
PLAYED, THAT WAS BASED ON
YOU RIGHT?

> THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS? YES.

> NO-YEAH (laughs).

> WHICH ONE?

> MARRIED TO THE MOB--

> THAT WAS ALSO BASED OFF--
SHE HAS STOLEN EVERY SINGLE--

> ALL OF YOUR LIFE'S STORIES.

> --DANGEROUS MINDS

> THAT ONE WHERE YOU WERE--

> DANGEROUS LIAISONS.

> WHERE YOUR DAUGHTER'S
IN JAIL OR YOU'RE IN JAIL,
SOMETHING WHITE ORCHID--

> WHITE OLEANDER

> YEAH.

> DO YOU KNOW I WENT TO THE
PLANETARIUM THIS WEEKEND?

> YOU DID?

> GRIFFITH OBSERVATORY.
LEARNED ALL ABOUT--

> PLANETS, STARS...

> YEP.
AND DID YOU KNOW A WOMAN
NARRATES THE SHOW THERE,
LIKE THE PLANETARIUM SHOW?

> NO.

> HER NAME WAS
BEVERLY AND SHE'S THE STAR.

> BEVERLY D'ANGELO?

> YEP, IT WAS BEVERLY D--
DID I TELL YOU THIS AT THE GROVE,
HOW BEVERLY D'ANGELO WAS
STANDING OUTSIDE OF THE
MOVIE THEATER THERE HOLDING
UP A BLACKBERRY GOING,
"DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW
TO USE THIS?" YEAH, SAW THAT
HAPPEN WITH MY OWN EYES.
BEVERLY D'ANGELO AND CARRIE FISHER
ARE GOOD FRIENDS.

> WHO WAS AT THE PLANETARIUM?

> OH, WHO CARES ANYMORE.
SOMEBODY--

> SOMEBODY NAMED BARBARA?

> BEVERLY.

> WHATEVER.

> THEY DO THE WHOLE SHOW.
LIKE AN HOUR OF NARRATION
WHILE THE SKY'S LIGHTING UP,
AND SHE DID SUCH AN
INCREDIBLE JOB.

> WHAT DID SHE DO?

> SHE HAD A VERY--

> BY THE WAY, THE WAY THAT YOU
JUST SAID IT, SHE DIDN'T DO
AN INCREDIBLE JOB.

> SHE HAD A REALLY GOOD
SPEAKING VOICE, LIKE SHE
HAD ONE OF THOSE REALLY
AFFECTED VOICES THAT WAS
KIND OF SCARY AT FIRST.
SHE WAS LIKE,
(imitating) WHEN YOU LOOK UP
IN THE STARS (cracks up)...
HANG ON... IT WAS MORE LIKE--
I'M TRYING TO GET IT RIGHT.
IT WAS LIKE--

> SHE WAS THE LOLLIPOP GIRL--

> (imitating again) LOOK UP IN
THE STARS-- IT WAS LIKE
CHRISTINA PICKLES. AND THE
WOMAN WAS LIKE PERFORMING AT
A 10 THE WHOLE TIME TALKING
ABOUT GALAXIES...

> FUNNIER THAN (inaudible) OR NOT?

> I'M NOT INTO
COSMOS. COSMOS IS A LIE.
SO I DON'T WATCH LIES.

> OH, STARS ARE LIES? YEAH.
EVERYTHING IS A LIE--

> YEAH. I DON'T WATCH,
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

> I DON'T THINK YOU CAN HANDLE
COSMOS. IT'S TOO REAL FOR YOU.

> OH NO, IT'S NOT REAL ENOUGH.

> WAS THAT A THREAT?

> (laughs) YEAH.
DO YOU KNOW I WASN'T ALLOWED
TO SEE FERNGULLY WHEN
I WAS A KID?

> WHY.

> BECAUSE MY MOM
SAID IT PROMOTED REINCARNATION.

> IN WHAT WAY?

> I DON'T KNOW.
I GUESS SOMEONE DIES
AND BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE?

> DID YOU READ THE BOOK OR NOT?

> SAME THING WITH ALL DOGS TO GO
HEAVEN, MY MOM WAS LIKE
DOGS DO NOT GO TO HEAVEN.
BUT WE WERE ALLOWED TO WATCH
RUNNING MAN WITH ARNOLD
SCHWARZENEGGER. DID YOU EVER
SEE THAT MOVIE?

> YEP.

> YEAH.
THAT WAS OK TO BRING HOME.
STEEL MAGNOLIAS WE WERE
ALLOWED TO RENT.

> WELL STEEL MAGNOLIAS
DOES TALK
ALOT ABOUT THE OCCULT. I'M
SHOCKED YOUR MOM ALLOWED
YOU TO WATCH IT--
(he laughs) THAT IS A DARK MOVIE,
BECAUSE YOU KNOW IN
THE PLAY VERSION M'LYNN
GOES TO HER GRAVE, AND DOES
LIKE A WHOLE SPELL--

> YEAH.

> --WITH ALL THE WOMEN.
THEY ALL COME AS WITCHES.

> AND DON'T YOU--

> THEY TRY TO RESURRECT JULIA ROBERTS
FROM THE GRAVE.

> PLEASE, DARYL HANNAH IS A WITCH.

> EXACTLY.

> SHE'S ALWAYS BEEN
A WITCH.
THAT SPLASH HAIR WAS HER OWN. THEY PUT WIGS ON HER IN EVERY
SINGLE OTHER THING.
SPLASH, REAL HAIR--

> YEAH.

> AND THAT IS THE HAIR
OF A WITCH.

> YEAH.

> A CRIMPED WITCH.

> WELL SPLASH IS--

> IT'S ALL WITCHCRAFT.

> ALL RON HOWARD'S MOVIES ARE
WITCHCRAFT.

> THAT'S A DOUBLE TROUBLE
BOIL AND BUBBLE--

> APOLLO 13, OBVIOUSLY. YEAH.

> --IF YOU ASK ME. APOLLO 13--

> AND TV, TOTAL WITCHES ABOUND.

> THAT WAS A WEIRD
RASH IN THE 90S WHERE EVERYONE
WAS DOING REALITY
SHOWS, MOVIES ABOUT REALITY SHOWS.

> WHAT'S ANOTHER ONE?

> THE CARSON PROJECT. THE UM--

> OH, TRUMAN SHOW.

> (does an imitation) YEAH.

> (laughs) YEAH, THE
CARSON PROJECT.
YEAH-YEAH.

> BRYAN, IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW FROM
ALANIS MORISSETTE'S
INSTAGRAM LAST WEEK,
IT'S NATIONAL BREAST-FEEDING WEEK.

> OH, IS IT REALLY?

> YEAH. SHE PUT HER BOOB
IN HER BABY'S MOUTH AND
TOOK A PIC.

> SO IT GOES.

> YEAH, YOU KNOW I'VE BEEN
BREAST-FEEDING FOR YEARS NOW.
ANYBODY--

> WHO, WHAT?

> ANYBODY WHO WILL TAKE THE TEET.

> EWAH...

> JUST I'LL WALK UP TO SOMEONE, AND I'LL GO, "DO YOU DARE?"

> YEAH. OH, YOU DO?

> YEAH. AND THEY DON'T KNOW
WHAT I MEAN.

> YEAH.

> AND THEN I GO--

> TAKE THE TEET.

> NO, I JUST
TAKE MY SHIRT OFF.

> OH.

> AND I THROW THEM OUT,
BECAUSE I DON'T DO BRAS.

> WHAT DO YOU MEAN THROW
THEM OUT?

> THROW OUT
THE BOOBS.

> JUST LIKE...

> LIKE THE OPENING PITCH OF A DODGER'S GAME.

> OH, SURE.

> THAT'S WHAT I DO.

> OK.

> YEAH.

> SO THERE'S A SEA CHANGE
HAPPENING WITH BREAST-FEEDING
WOMEN, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW
IF YOU KNOW THIS, BUT
A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE DICKS TO
THEM, IN PUBLIC.

> BECAUSE IT'S DISGUSTING,
AND REVOLTING, AND--

> CAN I BE REALLY HONEST WITH YOU?

> --KEEP THAT PRIVATE.

> CAN I BE REALLY HONEST WITH YOU?

> YEAH.
I'M GOING TO TALK A LOT ABOUT WHAT'S
HAPPENED TO WOMAN BREAST-FEEDING--

> MM-HMM.

> --PERSONALLY,
AND THIS IS MY OWN THING--

> MM-HMM.

> I DON'T LIKE WATCHING IT,
BUT DO YOU KNOW--

> WHO'S ASKING YOU TO?

> I'M NOT TALKING
ABOUT PEOPLE
IN RESTAURANTS AND STUFF WHO
ARE ASKED TO LEAVE WHICH
I ACTUALLY DON'T THINK IS
RIGHT AT ALL.

> RIGHT.

> AND IT'S ALSO AGAINST THE LAW.
MY PURITAN SIDE COMES
OUT AND I GET VERY UNCOMFORTABLE--
BUT DO YOU
KNOW WHAT I DO?

> I'M TRYING TO THINK
THE LAST
TIME I SAW SOMETHING LIKE THAT--

> -- I SEE IT ALL THE TIME.

> --AND WHAT I THOUGHT.
I GUESS I WAS JUST LIKE, ALRIGHT.

> YEAH, I GET UNCOMFORTABLE,
AND I WOULD NEVER ASK SOMEONE TO NOT DO IT.
I WOULD JUST BE LIKE,
I'M FUCKED UP,
I GOTTA DEAL WITH
THIS SHIT. THIS IS ME NOT BEING
OK WITH BOOBIES.

> I HOPE YOU WOULD GO UP
TO SOMEONE AND DO THAT, "I'M
FUCKED UP. I DON'T WANT TO
DEAL WITH THIS SHIT."

> AND THEY BE LIKE,
"DIZZY GILLESPIE?" YEAH.

> YEAH, EXACTLY.

> FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM
HAVE BOTH UPDATED THEIR
OBSCENITY GUIDELINES TO MAKE
SURE THAT BREAST-FEEDERS
AREN'T FLAGGED AS
INAPPROPRIATE, BECAUSE
A LOT OF AWFUL THINGS WERE
HAPPENING WHERE THEY
WERE GETTING FLAGGED AS INAPPROPRIATE,
BUT AT THE
SAME TIME NOT FLAGGING STUFF
THAT WAS VERY LIKE JOKEY ABOUT
RAPE AND DOMESTIC ABUSE.

> RIGHT.

> REMEMBER THAT WHOLE THING?

> IT WAS A BIG
DOUBLE STANDARD. YEAH.

> YEAH. THEN ON
THE OTHER HAND
THERE'S IN REAL LIFE, WOMAN ARE
ASKED RIDICULOUS THINGS
WHEN THEY'RE BREASTFEEDING
IN PUBLIC.

> LIKE TO JUGGLE
THEIR BREASTS OR SOMETHING.

> YEAH. ONE THING THAT
HAPPENS A LOT IS THAT WOMAN
ARE ASKED TO GO IN THE
BATHROOM TO BREAST-FEED.

> RIGHT.

> AND THEY SAY
GROSS, NO THANK YOU.

> YEAH. RIGHT. THAT IS PRETTY
GROSS I GUESS. YEAH.

> NO, THAT IS WHERE PEOPLE SHIT.
SOME PEOPLE HAVE DIARRHEA IN
A URINAL. YOU KNOW?

> I KNOW, DON'T I KNOW IT.

> I'M GOING TO READ YOU
THE WORSE EXAMPLES OF WHAT
BREAST-FEEDING MOM'S HAVE HAD TO
GO THROUGH. OK, A GEORGIA
MOTHER WAS COMPARED TO A
STRIPPER FOR BREAST-FEEDING
IN CHURCH.

> LIKE AS A
COMPLEMENT?

> OH, YEAH.

> OH.

> OK, A MISSOURI MOM
WAS CHARGED IN CONTEMPT
OF COURT FOR BRINGING HER CHILD
TO COURT, BECAUSE
SHE COULDN'T FIND SOMEONE
TO WATCH HER KID.

> CONTEMPT OF COURT IS THE
FUNNIEST EXPRESSION TO ME.
BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE
IDIOT IF THAT HAPPENS, LIKE...
IF THE JUDGE IS LIKE BE QUIET,
AND YOU'RE LIKE
I DON'T WANT--
LIKE THAT'S HOW YOU GET
IN CONTEMPT
OF COURT.

> SHE HAD JURY DUTY,
AND DIDN'T HAVE SOMEONE
TO WATCH HER KID, AND DIDN'T
WANT TO INTER--

> NOT MY PROBLEM
LADY (scoffs).

> AND DIDN'T
WANT TO INTERRUPT HER CHILD'S
BREAST-FEEDING SCHEDULE.

> OH WELL, INTERRUPT IT.
YOU KNOW WHAT,
KIDS NEED TO LEARN. FAST.

> THAT'S WHAT THIS GUY SAYS.

> YEAH.

> SHE WILLFULLY IN CONTEMPTUOUSLY
APPEARED FOR
JURY SERVICE WITH HER CHILD,
AND NO ONE TO CARE FOR HER CHILD.

> WILLFULLY AND CONTEMPTUOUSLY.

> WHAT A RAGING
BITCH.

> YEAH.

> COMING TO COURT WITH HER BABY
THAT NO ONE CAN WATCH.

> YEAH.

> IN 2010 JESSICA (inaudible),
WHICH--

> YEAH.

> I'M ALREADY AM
NOT ON HER SIDE,
RALLIED TO SUPPORT
BREAST-FEEDING ADVOCATES
AFTER SHE SAID THAT
ADMINISTRATORS AT THE
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE IN
HOUSTON THREATENED
TO REMOVE HER FROM THE PREMISSES
AFTER BREAST-FEEDING
HER 17 MONTH OLD SON, THEN
RECOVERING FROM BRAIN SURGERY--

> YEP.

> --IN A ELEVATOR.

> WHY DID THEY DO SURGERY
IN A ELEVATOR?

> OH, BECAUSE AEROSMITH.

> OH YEAH.

> WHEN THEY STARTED DOING SEX
IN THE ELEVATOR, EVERYONE
WAS LIKE, "WE CAN DO
THINGS HERE?"

> YEAH.

> BANKING, ACCOUNTING--

> YEAH. BRAIN SURGERY--

> YEAH, NOTARY PUBLIC,
BRAIN SURGERY--

> THAT'S ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

> IN A-IN A HOSPITAL.

> HORRIBLE. IN THE RONALD
MCDONALD HOUSE.

> IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL.

> I CAN'T THINK OF A WORSE
PLACE TO KICK ANYONE OUT OF.

> I'M SORRY YOUR SON JUST
HAD BRAIN SURGERY BUT YOU CAN'T
FEED HIM RIGHT NOW.

> YEAH. TERRIBLE.

> SORRY.
NOW HERE'S THE THING. IN 47 STATES,
YOU CAN BREAST-FEED
IN ANY PLACE THAT YOU'RE
ALLOWED TO BE IN.

> RIGHT. THE
LAW IS NOT ON THESE
PEOPLE'S SIDE AT ALL.

> IT'S TITS OUT,
BABIES UP.

> YEAH.

> YEAH.
SOUTH DAKOTA AND VIRGINIA EXEMPT
BREAST-FEEDING MOMS
FROM PUBLIC INDECENCY OR NUDITY
LAWS. SO THEY DON'T
GO AS FAR AS TO SAY YOU CAN DO
IT WHEREVER YOU CAN BE.

> RIGHT, BUT YOU'RE NOT GOING
TO BE CRIMINALIZED--

> PROSECUTED.

> RIGHT. OK.

> IDAHO IS THE ONLY STATE THAT
DOESN'T HAVE ANY LAWS
ON THE BOOKS.

> SAYING THAT IT'S OK.

> SO IF YOU BREAST-FEED OUTSIDE IN
IDAHO, YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING STRAIGHT
TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT
COLLECT $200 DOLLARS.

> RIGHT.

> SO ANYTIME SOMEONE
ASKS YOU BRYAN TO STOP
BREASTFEEDING IN PUBLIC--

> MM-HMM.

> --YOU SAY, I'M
SO SORRY,
I'M WELL WITHIN MY RIGHTS.
YOU MAY EAT A BAG OF DICKS--

> YEAH.

> --SIR OR WOMAN.

> RIGHT.

> THEN YOU JUST FUCKING WALK
AWAY, OR YOU CAN DO
THIS OTHER THING THAT I LIKE TO DO.
WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ME
TO DO SOMETHING THAT I DON'T WANT
TO DO I GO, "OK." AND THEN I JUST
KEEP DOING IT.

> YEP.

> THAT'S FINE.

> ERIN HAVE YOU HEARD OF PREP?

> OH YEAH, I WENT TO
PREP SCHOOL.

> OH, WHICH ONE?

> ALL THE VESTS.

> THAT'S WHAT THE NAME OF THE
SCHOOL WAS CALLED ALL THE VESTS?

> YES.

> PREP IS ALSO, STANDS FOR,
PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLACTIC
WHICH SPECIFICALLY IS A NEW
REGIMENT OF DRUGS, REALLY
ONE PILL CALLED TRUVADA, THAT
THE WORLD HEALTH
ORGANIZATION AND THE CDC IS
RECOMMENDING THAT MEN WHO
HAVE SEX WITH MEN TAKE,
BECAUSE WHAT IT IS, IS IT'S A
ONCE A DAY PILL THAT IF YOU TAKE
IT REDUCES HIV INFECTION
LIKE THE LIKELINESS OF IT,
BY OVER 90% PERCENT.

> OH MY GOD.

> AND IT'S SORT OF NEWLY'ISH
AVAILABLE TO...
IT'S BEEN AVAILABLE ACTUALLY
FOR A WHILE AS--

> OH, IN CANADA.

> --PEOPLE WHO ARE HIV
POSITIVE
TAKE IT, BUT THEY'VE BEEN STUDYING
IT FOR A LONG TIME,
AND FOR HIV NEGATIVE PEOPLE TO
TAKE THIS PILL ONCE A
DAY--

> PREVENTATIVE.

> YEAH.

> IT'S LIKE BIRTH CONTROL
FOR MEN.

> SIMILAR EXCEPT IT'S NOT
NECESSARILY LIKE--

> BUT YOU CAN STILL HAVE
A BABY RIGHT?

> MEN CAN STILL
HAVE A BABY RIGHT OUT OF YOUR DICKS.
THE DIFFERENCE IS
I THINK BIRTH CONTROL IS 99.6 OR 8
OR SOMETHING PERCENT EFFECTIVE.
THIS IS HOVERING ABOVE THE 90%
PERCENT RANGE SO IT'S NOT--

> A 100% PERCENT.

> --BUT NONE OF THIS IS
FULL PROOF.

> YEAH.

> AND NECESSARILY IS BIRTH
CONTROL,
AND PEOPLE ARE RECOMMENDING THAT--
YOU ALSO SHOULD WEAR A CONDOM.

> --WEAR A CONDOM, BECAUSE
HIV RATES, SHOCKINGLY, HAVE
NOT REALLY EVER GONE DOWN.

> THIS IS GREAT NEWS.
YOU CAN PARTY WITH TINA.
YOU CAN DO ORGIES,
YOU CAN DO
ALL OF IT AGAIN.

> SEE, AND THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE
WHO ARE AGAINST IT ARE SAYING.

> OH.

> OH, SO THIS IS A GREAT BOOK--

> I'M ON THEIR SIDE, YEAH.

> --ARE SAYING WELL THIS IS
JUST A PARTY DRUG--

> I WANT TO TAKE IT. I'M GOING
TO GET INTO THE GAY
COMMUNITY NOW. YEAH.

> THAT'S THE WRONG WAY
TO THINK. IT'S TRULY--

> CALL ME TINA. I'M READY.

> SO THERE IS THIS LABEL WITH
TRUVADA WHORE WITH PEOPLE
BEING LIKE, OH--

> WHAT, GAY GUY ARE DOING
THAT TO OTHER GAY GUYS?

> YES. JUST BEING LIKE--

> UNACCEPTABLE.

> --OH, ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS
HAVE SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM
AND BLAH-BLAH-BLAH...
THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS--

> BY THE WAY, EVERYBODY WANTS TO
HAVE SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM. SORRY.

> YES. SO THE FACT OF THE MATTER
IS, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT,
IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ANY
HUMAN BEING TO HAVE SEX WITH A
CONDOM 100% PERCENT
OF THE TIME.

> SUPERMAN.

> OH, HE DOES?

> YEAH.

> I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE HAD SEX.

> YEAH... OH, YOU DIDN'T KNOW?

> I JUST THOUGHT HE FLEW AROUND
WITH A WOMAN.

> HE DOES--

> (he mocks) OH, IS THAT
WHAT IT'S LIKE?

> NO, YOU KNOW THAT'S HOW
CRYSTAL CASTLE WAS DESTROYED
BY THE WOMAN IN THE MOST
FABULOUS JUMPSUIT THAT I GOT
TO GET MY HANDS ON.

> OH, HER, IN SUPERMAN 2.

> GENERAL ZOD'S SIDE BITCH.

> SHE WAS THE BEST--
SHE'S AN ICON REALLY.

> I KNOW WHY ARE THEY--

> SHE SHOULD HAVE HER OWN MOVIE.

> --SHE WAS ANNIE LENNOX
BEFORE ANNIE LENNOX WAS
ANNIE LENNOX.

> SHE'S A CROSS
BETWEEN ANNIE LENNOX AND JANET
FROM THREE'S COMPANY.
OK.

> BUT THEY RUINED HIS CASTLE,
AND HE CARVED OUT A
THING AND THAT'S--
HE HAS CRYSTAL CONDOMS.

> YEAH. THE OTHER THING ABOUT
TRUVADA THAT SUCKS IS
THAT THE CDC IS RECOMMENDING IT,
THE FDA, I GUESS SORT OF
ENDORSES IT, I DON'T KNOW,
AND THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
OBVIOUSLY IS LIKE YES, FULL
STEAM AHEAD - PLEASE TAKE
THIS IF YOUR A MAN HAVING
SEX WITH A MAN.

> WELL YOU SHOULD SAY FULL
DICK AHEAD.

> FULL DICKS AHEAD.
IT'S JUST ONE PILL A DAY. IT DOES
HAVE SIDE EFFECTS, SOME
PEOPLE EXPERIENCE THEM,
SOME PEOPLE DON'T.

> WHAT ARE THEY?

> NAUSEA... I KNOW PEOPLE WHO
ARE TAKING IT AND
WHO HAVE HAD NO SIDE EFFECTS
FROM IT, BUT THE PROBLEM
IS IF YOU'RE UNINSURED IT COSTS
$1300 HUNDRED DOLLARS--

> A TON OF MONEY?
--A MONTH.

> HUH?

> YEAH.

> IT SHOULD BE FREE.

> EXACTLY, SO IT'S BASICALLY
$25--

> REMEMBER WHEN MEDICINE
STARTED
AND EVERYONE WAS LIKE--

> DON'T, I REMEMBER IT.

> REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE BORN
AND MEDICINE STARTED.

> YEAH, ABSOLUTELY.

> MOM BIRTHED YOU AND
PENICILLIN.

> YEAH WE
DRANK CASTOR OIL EVERY MORNING.
THAT WAS REALLY THE LIFE.

> LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING
. WHEN MEDICINE
STARTED, PEOPLE WERE LIKE--

> TELL ME...

> --I'M DOING THIS FOR THE
GOOD OF SOCIETY.

> YEAH.

> PLEASE HAVE IT, I'M NOT
PATENTING IT.

> YEAH.

> AND NOW IT'S LIKE (mockingly)...

> YEAH, THE MONEY.

> YEAH.

> IS THAT WHAT YOU MEANT?

> YEAH.

> IT IS IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE,
IT'S NOT EXPENSIVE.
WHICH IS GOOD.

> BUT IT'S EXPENSIVE FOR SOMEBODY
IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE.

> YES.

> I MEAN, WHEN PILLS ARE
THAT EXPENSIVE
THEY ARE GETTING PAID
FOR, YOU KNOW.

> YEAH.

> ...BUT IT'S NOT GOOD FOR--
IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT EXPENSIVE.

> BUT WHAT IS EXCITING IS THAT IF
YOU SLIP UP AND DECIDE NOT
TO USE A CONDOM ONE TIME,
ODDS ARE STILL VERY, VERY, VERY,
MUCH IN YOUR FAVOR THAT
NOTHING TOO BAD WILL HAPPEN.

> SO, IF YOU'RE IN A SITUATION
WHERE YOU'VE DONE
TOO MUCH METH, YOU'RE AT AN ORGY,
AND YOU FORGET.

> MY GOD.

> DO I SEEM LIKE THAT KIND
OF PERSON?

> YES.

> YOU KNOW I DON'T DO METH,
AND I DON'T DO ORGIES, BUT
I HAVE HAD SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM.
IT HAS HAPPENED,
BECAUSE I'M A HUMAN BEING.

> YEAH, EVERYBODY HAS, BECAUSE
THEY LOVE IT, YOU KNOW.

> EXACTLY.

> AND YOU KNOW WHO'S NOT
DOING CONDOMS? GIRAFFES,
ORCA WHALES, BIRDS...

> OH, MAN.
I'M REALLY GLAD WE HAVE SOMEONE
FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT HERE,
BUT IT IS VERY EXCITING NEWS,
BECAUSE IT REALLY
COULD BE THE END OF THIS, IF--
IT REALLY COULD MARK THE END--

> AND EVERYONE CAN
BE IMMUNE FROM CATCHING IT,
THEN NO ONE GETS IT.

> EXACTLY, AND SO IT REALLY--

> AND THEN WHEN
NO ONE GETS IT, THEN WE BRING IT BACK
IN SO THEY CAN MAKE THE
(makes a greedy mocking sound)

> LIKE THE EBOLA THING?

> REALLY, WHAT IS
THIS COMPANY--

> SO AIDS TO YOU IS JUST
A MONEY GAME?
IS THAT JUST A
WAY TO MAKE MONEY?

> SOMEONE INVENTED AIDS
FOR MONEY.

> YOU GOT IT.

> BELIEVE IT.
THOSE MONKEYS--

> OK.

> --THOSE MONKEYS ARE
AFTER YOUR MONEY.

> YEAH (laughs). I BELIEVE IT...
AND LARRY KRAMER WHO WROTE THE
NORMAL HEART WHO'S OBVIOUSLY
AN EXTREME AIDS ACTIVIST--

> KRAMER VS. KRAMER WAS
BASED AFTER HIM.

> ABSOLUTELY NOT,
BUT HE HAS
BEEN AN AIDS ACTIVIST FOR DECADES,
AND REALLY WAS
A STRONG VOICE AT THE
BEGINNING OF THIS DISEASE,
AND HE HAS SAID DO NOT TAKE THIS,
THIS MAKES YOU WEAKER,
THIS POISONS YOU, AND THIS
MAKES YOU WEAKER TO FIGHT,
LIKE MAKE SURE THERE'S A CURE, AND...
I DISAGREE WITH IT. I DON'T THINK
THAT, THAT'S NECESSARILY
TRUE, AND I THINK THAT HIV IS
SOMETHING THAT CROSSES
EVERY GAY PERSON'S MIND,
EVERY TIME THEY HAVE SEX,
EVEN WITH A CONDOM,
NO MATTER WHAT.

> I THINK
ABOUT IT WHEN I HAVE SEX WITH GAY
PEOPLE GETTING AIDS.
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

> OH YOU DO? LIKE WHEN
YOU HAVE
SEX WITH--

> WHEN I HAVE SEX WITH
MY BOYFRIEND WITH
A CONDOM, AND LIKE--

> YOU IMMEDIATELY
THINK ABOUT--
>>I'M LIKE, I HOPE GAY PEOPLE
ARE OK TONIGHT. YEAH.

> YOU REALLY SHOULD PUT
YOUR FOCUS ON HIM.
YOU SHOULD REALLY FOCUS
ON YOUR BOYFRIEND.

> NO, I LIKE TO--
THE BEST THING ABOUT HAVING SEX
WITH ME IS THAT I'M ALWAYS
THINKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE.
I'M ALWAYS LIKE THIS,
"HUH?". YEAH.

> YEAH. OH, COOL.
KIND OF EXCITING THING THAT I
WANTED TO SAY, THERE'S
JUST A SMALL STORY THAT I THINK
IS COOL. SHARON LEE
WHO IS A DOCTOR AT SOMETHING
CALLED FAMILY HEALTH CARE IN
KANSAS CITY, KANSAS, KNOWS HOW
EFFECTIVE THAT PREP IS
IN REDUCING THE RISK OF HIV INFECTION,
AND SO SHE CREATED A SERVICE
THERE. IT'S A FRIDAY ONLY SERVICE TO
HELP PEOPLE WHO ARE SEEKING
THE MEDICATION
GET A PRESCRIPTION BECAUSE SOME
DOCTORS ARE REALLY
HESITANT, AND REALLY
UNWILLING TO DO SO.

> GOOD FOR HER.

> I THINK THIS IS
VERY GOOD NEWS.
I HAVE DEBATED WHETHER OR
NOT TO GO ON IT MYSELF,
BECAUSE I JUST THINK
WHY NOT, REALLY.

> YEAH.

> IT IS ONLY EFFECTIVE 90% PERCENT
OF THE TIME, LIKE I SAID,
LIKE BIRTH CONTROL WHEN YOU
TAKE IT EVERY SINGLE DAY
WITHOUT FAIL,
YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT.
SO WHEN YOU SIGN
UP FOR IT YOU ARE IN IT,
YOU ARE TAKING IT.
BUT I THINK
IT'S A GREAT IDEA.

> IF ANYBODY WHO
TAKES IT WILL
HAVE TO START DOING
THIS THING THAT--
THERE'S APPS FOR WOMEN
WHERE IT'S AN ALARM THAT GOES
OFF TO TAKE THEIR PILL
EVERY DAY.

> NAW, WE DON'T NEED
TO REMEMBER.
I MEAN, RIGHT UP HERE.

> RIGHT UP THERE?

> YEAH.

Advertisement
Advertisement

From Around the Web