How can a dystopian future ruled by a fundamentalist regime that treats women as... more »
How can a dystopian future ruled by a fundamentalist regime that treats women as property get more terrifying? Hulu's latest series "The Handmaid's Tale" meets the only thing that could make it even scarier, President Donald Trump.
- [Offered] I was asleep before.
That's how we let it happen.
When they slaughtered Congress, we didn't wake up.
When they blamed terrorists and suspended the constitution,
we didn't wake up then either.
Now I'm awake.
- You girls will serve the leaders and their barren wives.
You will bear children for them.
- [Woman] You're going to have a baby together.
- Oh, you are so lucky!
- She's probably deeply troubled,
and therefore great in bed.
- [Melania] We have a great relationship.
I don't think I should be scared of anything.
- It's too dangerous.
- Deliver us from evil.
- There has to be some form of punishment.
- For the woman?
I'm not gonna be doin' the diapers.
I may never even see the kids.
- I'm sorry.
- Don't feel sorry for me.
Don't feel sorry for me.
- I will build a great, great wall.
- If we run they'll try to kill us.
- Oh, yes, of course.
- He wants to see me.
- Nothing surprising.
Dirty and bad stuff.
- No, ma'am.
- It is so big.
It is so...
It's so enormous.
- It's enormous.
- I wish you were softer,
I wish you were nicer.
- He could do whatever he likes with it.
- He can barely get it up.
- Nobody has more respect for women than I do, nobody.
♫ Leave the dark behind
- And now they're making Ghostbusters with only women!
What's going on?