Jamie Patro sits down with cast members, Jimmy Tatro, Tyler Alvarez and Griffin Gluck, to get the D’s on their new series, American Vandal - streaming now on Netflix!
- September 18, 2017
- 360k Views
September 18, 2017
- Did we invite you back?
- Yeah, I mean, I think so.
- Are you, really?
- I got an email, like yesterday, with a confirmation.
Who sent you that?
- Cheryl, the fuck?
Well we're super excited to have Jimmy Tatro
back on The No Budget Talk Show,
here to talk about his new Netflix series.
So, hold on, you got a role
in an eight episode Netflix series?
- Like, as an extra or?
- No, kind of like a, kind of like one of the main guys.
- So, when you get a role like that, how did you...
Let me rephrase this, whose dick did you have to suck?
- I didn't have to, I just auditioned, so...
- So if you auditioned,
why were you sucking dicks?
- No, I never said I was sucking people's dicks.
I mean, you're the one--
- Look, Jimmy, Jimmy--
- You said that.
- At this point you're just kinda
making things a little more weird.
You're just kind digging yourself into a deeper hole here,
so let's just kind of move past this
and why don't we role a clip?
- [Reporter] It is a shocking scene
for Hanover High teachers.
- [Man] Oh my God.
- Everyone thinks I did it, everyone.
- [Reporter] The vandals spray painted
obscene images on 27 cars.
- [Dylan] They got the wrong guy.
- [Woman] He's, like, a known dick drawer.
- Ball hairs.
- [Man] But they're different.
- He's trying to convince you of some sort of conspiracy.
There just isn't one.
- Oh my God.
- Stop filming right now!
- [Dylan] And there's still someone out there.
- So, we just watched this snippet, right?
And already, you look at that
and you think, "Well that looks fucking stupid."
Are you asking me a question or?
- Oh no, I was just saying it looks like a,
like a bad show.
- It's a show about how to spray paint dicks
or how to draw dicks?
What the fuck is that?
- No, no, no, not at all.
It's a satire, you know.
So it's kind of like The Jinx or Making a Murderer--
- I don't follow.
- Except instead of murder,
it's about a kid who was accused of spray painting penises.
- Making a Murderer, what is that?
Well it's about this guy in Wisconsin
who spent, like, 20 years in prison for murder,
but the more you watch the documentary,
the more you realize, you know,
there was this whole big corrupt situation going on.
Maybe, you know, he was innocent the whole time
and, you know, the cops just kind of framed him.
That sounds great.
- I mean that's the angle you guys should have gone for,
you know, murder.
That's, I'd watch that.
- Yeah, I mean, that's kind of the joke, you know.
We're taking a high school crime
and we're making it this whole big--
- No, no, I think I'd just,
I'd rather watch Making a Murderer.
- I mean, yeah, you definitely should.
It's a really good documentary.
- Yeah, it seem, it seems like it's a good documentary.
- It is.
- Well, I don't know about you,
but I am bored as shit with this conversation.
So, why don't we introduce our next guests?
From American Vandal, we have Tyler Alvarez
and Griffin Gluck.
- What's up guys?
- Good to see you.
- Alright, cool.
- Hey, man.
Hey, Tatro, would you mind,
just kind of scooching a little more?
It's a big couch, you got some space.
- Is that good?
- [Jamie] You could really go, I think you can go a little.
- Yeah, I'm pretty much against this, against the wall.
- It's an armrest, not a wall, you fucking idiot.
Alright, well we got Tyler and Griffin here.
I mean, Cheryl, this is what I'm talking about.
This is what it looks like when you have
some actual fucking, you know, talent here.
It looks like a real talk show.
It's what I'm going for.
- Thank you, appreciate it.
- Yeah, man.
- So, you know, I found out you guys got this Netflix show
and I was like, "Yes!"
- Thank you.
- "Let's go!"
Reminder in the calendar.
But then, I found out that Tatro was going to be in it
and I was like, "Why him?"
- Right, yeah, well, I mean,
I think what the producers and everyone saw in him
was that he's a, you know--
- Why him?
- Okay, yeah, it was a--
- It was a movie you did.
- Yeah, I did a, I did that movie last year, yeah.
- Why him?
While we're at it, hey Tyler,
this orange used to be a different color previously.
Do you know which one it was?
- I don't get it.
- Oh, 'cause the Orange is the New Black?
- Like your show.
I don't like that show.
- Yeah, yeah.
- You guys, man.
You guys are funny guys.
You're cracking me up right now.
So, you didn't have to suck any dicks
to get this role, did you?
- Uh, no, no.
I think we both just auditioned, yeah.
- That's much better.
- Yeah, I don't know why you would think
that we would be sucking any dicks to get the job.
- Well, Jimmy sucked a dick, that's why I said that.
- No I didn't.
- Right, he actually auditioned, too.
I don't know why he was sucking dicks.
That was a whole different, whole different thing.
So you guys wrote and directed this whole series.
I mean, tell me about that.
- Well, actually, I mean, we play characters
that, you know, made a documentary
out of their high school's T.V. studio.
- Very cool, the cool, the cool.
- And I play Peter Muldanado,
who's this sophomore aspiring film maker
who believes that Dylan, you know,
just might be innocent.
- Yeah, well, sorry to cut you off,
but throughout the whole process,
they actually become pretty good friends.
- Jimmy, I don't know if you watch a lot of talk shows,
but it's very, very rare that the first guest
speaks during the second interview.
So if you could maybe just be polite.
- Don't worry about it.
- Sorry guys.
- Yeah, no, we're cool.
- Tyler, I'm so, so sorry about that.
What were you saying?
- Oh, right, so me and Griffin,
we played these, like, students who were,
who set out to make this very serious true crime documentary
exploring whether or not Dylan drew the dicks.
- Wait, so is it, it's like a satire?
- [Tyler] Yeah, it's a satire.
- I get that, that's great.
I mean, when you guys explain it like that,
it almost makes sense.
- That's literally the first thing I said.
- Can you shut the fuck up?
I mean, this is a big interview for me.
You know, I actually finally have some real actors here,
you know, everything's kinda starting
to really come together and you're just--
- Well, I mean, in Jimmy's defense, you know, I think--
- Griffin, it's fine.
Look dude, I don't know why you keep doing this, you know.
You do this thing where you're just gonna be
a fucking dick to me and I'm over it.
- Alright, well that's about all the time we have today.
I'm gonna have to wrap this up right this very second.
Make sure you check out American Vandal
on Netflix September 15th.
Huge thank you to our guests, Griffin Gluck, Tyler Alvarez,
thank you for coming by, guys.
- No problem, of course.
- Thank you, man.
- Fuck you, man.
- No, I have the last word, fuck you.