For the first time ever, Macy's has invited Tim Burton to contribute a piece to their Thanksgiving Day Parade. But due to the often macabre nature of his work, there were understandably many pitches that were not *quite* family-friendly enough to include in the festivities. These are those ideas and how Macy's probably broke the news to Tim why they don't work.
View all on one page
1 / 6
10 More Ridiculous Headline/Picture Combinations (That Should Have Led to Major Fi... Sometimes as a newspaper editor you have to make the tough decisions. Other times, however, you need to skip out early for dinner or something and you just let t... by Oh, News!21 Nic Cage Face Swaps That Will Keep You Up at Night Man, this guy takes method acting to a whole 'nother level. More at: http://imgur.com/a/BiCeS by Nic Cage FaceGatsby-Inspired Product Promotion is Getting out of Hand The fashion, the drinks, the cars... the upcoming film, "Gatsby" is a marketing gold mine. Here are some products pulled from the era that are bound to spark a r... by Taylor OrciPresident Obama and Conan O'Brien's Best Jokes from the 2013 WHCD Barack Obama and Conan O'Brien went toe to toe at the WHCD. Here are their best lines. by As Usual
Boy With Nails In His Eyes Balloon
Crowd-diving Beetlejuice Sandworm Balloons
Electrified Frankenweenie Balloon
Float Johnny Depp as Edward Scissorhands with Party Balloons
Oogie Boogie Does a Nightmare Dance
Replace Santa with Jack Skellington Santa
Check out these other funny slideshows!
Added over 1 year ago
1566 funny votes
776 die votes
Description: For the first time ever, Macy's has invited Tim Burton to contribute a piece to their Thanksgiving Day Parade. But due to the often macabre nature of his work, there were understandably many pitches that were not *quite* family-friendly enough to include in the festivities. These are those ideas and how Macy's probably broke the news to Tim why they don't work.
Patience is overrated...
Patience is overrated...
- Why would you replace the Jack Skellington that we all know and love with a fat guy in a red suit?
- The Hindenberg blew up because it was filled with hydrogen, not helium. Helium is a noble gas. Those are the elements least likely to chemically react, because of their atomic structure.
- Now THESE floats would actually make a parade interesting enough to go watch!!! LOL!
- wa? u people are crazy! it should have a jack or an oogie or beetle juice or edward. man i would love the parade after that
- I think if they made the parade like this, I would actually watch it!
- This is hilarious!
- Love it.
- i ;ove it
- i love it
- very good
- THESE ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!... Would definitely love to see a parade like that!!.... However, the Tim Burton aesthetic is not for everyone, so guess they'll be sticking with the Snoopy and Pokemon... :s
- WOW! This would have been a great opportunity for Tim Burton to show off his work.... BUT Macy's corporation ran by douchebags reject his ideas and don't realize how many people would love to see this. Wth the whole replacing Santa with Jack is awesome.... or even having Tim Burton's Santa standing next to Santa Jack would be awesome.
- I am a HUGE fan of Tim Burton and I think the floats are AWSOME!!!
- Love the note under #5--so appropriate!
- I have an autistic son who takes some things (quite literally)this is a picture,I hope he never comes across. I for one am thankful it was rejected.I love Tim Burtons work.But perhaps he could try to think of "contributing to the theme"next year.Rather than simply trying to just shock & awe.
- A friendly suggestion ;} call it a challenge if you will.Make an Oddball family float,all butterball turkeys lol idk but ANYTHING other than a maimed child :/ Please Mr.Burton,Please Thank You .That is all
- I know you're just following the trend, but can we please stop saying "family-friendly" when we mean child-friendly? My parents and I are a family. My fiance and I are a family. My whole family will probably get together for Christmas and not one of us will be under 30. Tim Burton is therefore completely family-friendly.
- This is so true, its hardly even funny. lol Even though I myself am a HUGE fan of Burton and his ideas. The Boy With Nails In His Eyes, though the character is frightening to look at for those who don't understand, has a really emotional story, in a sense. The child has this unfortunate accident and struggles to live with it every day.