1. His Last Credit Was 'Big Bully'
Outside of some voiceover work, Moranis's last role was the Tom Arnold co-starrer, Big Bully. If you are not familiar with this fine film, here is a screenshot from Rotten Tomatoes:
It's safe to say that this movie was so bad that Moranis viewed the role the same way a homosexual views their last straight relationship before fully committing to the other team. This was the final straw and after its release, Moranis took a hiatus and never looked back. His last role before this? Little Giants. That should have been his swan song, a film we can all get behind due to its Iceboxes and Annexations of Puerto Ricos. But alas it was not the case and he needs one final role to go out on. To be his legacy.
2. He Was the Original Quirky Nerd
In the 80s, the quirky nerd didn't come in the form of a super attractive girl with thick-framed glasses who everyone was in love with. They came in the form of a short, nebbish man with thick framed glasses who everyone adored. His name was Rick Fucking Moranis.
3. He's Since Recorded a Country Album
And been nominated for a Grammy for that shit. The guy knows music. He's what we like to call a triple-threat (can sing, act, wear glasses). What am I getting at here? Little Shop of Horrors reboot and let Moranis call the shots.
Oh, I'm sorry, did you need a reminder that Rick Moranis was a goddamn genius?
5. Parenthood Could Certainly Use Some Moranis
If you're not watching Parenthood on NBC, that's totally understandable. But it's a very good show! It's run by the guy who ran Friday Night Lights, meaning you're guaranteed at least three cries per episode. Very emotional this show! But since it's on NBC, it is promoted very poorly (SEE: Community, Parks and Rec). It's safe to say that a cameo by Moranis, who played the HELL out of a nerdy husband in the original, would give it the boost to reach a larger demographic.
This is what we like to call "star power":
6. DAT FACE
The world needs more of THIS:
7. Ghostbusters 3 Would Finally Happen
Oh Bill Murray's not interested in giving this the green light? No desire to revisit these characters? What if I told you, Bill Murray, that Moranis was back in the fold? That the Keymaster had returned? Yes, Bill, sign right there.
Let's do this.
Added 4 months ago
3453 funny votes
294 die votes
Patience is overrated...
Patience is overrated...
- I miss him so much my heart hurts!
- 2 words: STRANGE BREW!
- Good god, yes he does!
- No mention of Bob & Doug Mackenzie? You are not a true RM fan. For shame!
- this NEEDS to happen!
- Let's add Rick along with Dave Thomas as the two greatest hosers to come out of "The Great White North" as Bob & Doug MacKenzie.
- Strange Brew, absolute best.
- you forgot about Strange Brew you hosers!
- What about Bob & Doug....disgrace!
- He's been great no matter what!
- Disney's thinking of a "Honey I shrunk the kids" reboot.....C'mon Rick!
- What about him and Sid Dithers together? Remember his great Woody Allen?
- All valid reasons...but everything the guy did on SCTV was genius. Especially Bob and Doug.
- Last week I was thinking this man needed to come back to the big screen. Rick where are you???
- The story goes that he left Hollywood because his wife was battling cancer, and after she sadly passed away, he decided to raise his kids and leave Hollywood behind. I whole-heartedly agree that he needs to make a comeback, a la John Travolta in Pulp Fiction. Something dark and gritty and violent, sorta out of the ordinary roles he's played in the past.
- Wow, how in they world did they miss strang brew?! One of my fav films when i was a kid. I even bought it on dvd for my kids.
- big bully was pretty awesome
- Love that guy! WHAT A SUPER TALENT!
- Taking care of your children is much more important than any paying job. He'll come back if he chooses.
- How about Honey I Blew Up The Kid Part 2 This Time it's Honey Boo Boo!
- Agreed on every level.
- Wes Anderson movie.
- Ghostbusters III Is a done deal....they have all agreed it's in Pre- now.......just sayin'