1. At the age of 18 you can go to war and fight for your country but drinking is a no no. So under 21 taking a life :) but kicking back some beers :(
2. You can drive a car at the age of 16 but you can’t drink till you’re 21. So technically your building your driving skills up for 5 yrs so this conversation can happen, “You’re too drunk to drive”, “Nah Bro, I’ve been driving for 5 yrs, I gots this”
3. Under the age of 21 you can give birth to a human being and irresponsibly take care of it but being intoxicated on a Saturday night swallowing the sadness that is your life while being under 21 is an offense
4. Under the age of 21 you can submerge yourself in financial debt and have it take years to pay it off. Meanwhile, being under 21 and getting trashed and drunkenly trying to walk home can just ruin your night. God bless that temporary ditch home on route 81.
5. You can vote for the douche bags that ruin this great country while being under 21. Yet, those same douche bags voted for you to not drink till you’re 21. Thanks for the vote, now hand over your beer.
This list could go on and on but you get the point. I don’t know what the age should be till you can drink but let’s as a society figure that out. Instead, the original drinking age limit decision was brought about over highway construction cuts. Their solution to keep their funding for highway construction was to become bedmates with the law by enacting a bill that should help keep drunk drivers off the road, I.E. the drinking age limit. They never considered societies opinion on this, so let’s take back our right to drink under 21…..or not, I gotta get up early for work tomorrow and the Mrs. And I are eating out at Olive Garden. You know what, forget I even wrote this. I saw a documentary and felt inspired but those emotions have passed.