It seems Hasbro has convinced Universal Studios to sign a six year deal that will produce four movies based on a series of Hasbro children's games, such as Monopoly and Stretch Armstrong, but excluding G.I. Joe and Transformers. Basically every toy that cannot be made into a movie. Of course, a bad idea has never stopped Hollywood before and "Battleship: The Movie" is set to release in 2012. So we thought we'd give Universal a head start, free of charge, with some of our own ideas for your upcoming movies.
For Mr. Monopoly Jr, the perks come fast and they come easy. Women, houses, cars â you name it and he's bought it. But that's just life when your father owns the entire city and every property on it. But when Mr. Monopoly Sr signs a deal that would put the city's less fortunate in direct danger, a feisty young journalist convinces his son that there's more to life than money.
Hungry Hungry Hippos
Power, money, revenge â humans all hunger for something. But in the animal kingdom there is only one hunger: that for survival. Join BBC and Morgan Freeman as we take you up close and personal with one of the biggest gluttons on the planet in Hungry, Hungry Hippos.
It seems like the perfect ending for the perfect family when they move into a sleepy Colorado neighborhood. But when the two young children discover a mysterious board in an upstairs cupboard, they unwittingly give voice to horrors they never could've imagined. Can they figure out a way to quiet the spirits once and for all, or will it be âGoodbyeâ?
When your family is more prolific than the Kennedys' and more secretive than the Knights Templar, reunions can be a tedious affair. Especially when the mysterious, estranged patriarch is discovered dead before dinner can be served. Now in two days the Von Clu family must try to find a killer without murdering each other first. (Will be a quirky reboot of the storied Clue franchise)
It's a tale of sweet gone sour when Lord Licorice descends upon Candyland. Slick as syrup and vicious as a viper, he concocts a plan to take control over the Kingdom and the inhabitants â starting with its King and Queen. But what he doesn't know is hidden in the Gumdrop Mountains is the true heir to the throne: a princess hidden away by her mother long ago. Now on the eve of her sixteenth birthday Princess Lolly is discovered by the evil Lord, and she embarks on a journey (along with a few faithful friends) to win back her home.
Growing up as a kid, Stretch always knew he was...different. Even before his adoptive parents revealed to him he had been a stem cell and rubber band experiment gone awry, Stretch understood he was not like other children. Maybe that's why, as an adult, he's had a string of girlfriends but could never really find the one. Until he meets Liza â a sexy scientist who just wants to understand him. But is it his soul she wants to search, or his molecular structure?
Added almost 2 years ago
2008 funny votes
1279 die votes
Description: It seems Hasbro has convinced Universal Studios to sign a six year deal that will produce four movies based on a series of Hasbro children's games, such as Monopoly and Stretch Armstrong, but excluding G.I. Joe and Transformers. Basically every toy that cannot be made into a movie. Of course, a bad idea has never stopped Hollywood before and "Battleship: The Movie" is set to release in 2012. So we thought we'd give Universal a head start, free of charge, with some of our own ideas for your upcoming movies.
Patience is overrated...
Patience is overrated...
- Lessee... Clue's already a movie. Monopoly's in development, as is Stretch Armstrong. Ouija was used for the Witchboard series in the 80's...
- yeah but lets be honest, more people still have all the pieces to the game Mouse Trap than have ever seen the movie Clue, if we were going to make a real comment it would be why isn't M. Night not remaking the game Twister...I can't wait to see what kind of twist ending he could add to that one
- Candy Land. I'm hungry.
- I read Somethingawful.com too guys! I love Photoshop Friday! Way to be completely unoriginal. Also, cut the "Planet Earth" part off of "Hungry Hungry Hippos" genius.
- there is a movie Clue already
- clue would actually be worth watching
- Just saw Clue again recently - it's still awesome. But if anyone were to remake it, no one would be better than Wes Anderson. Well done.
- I LIKED....no, I LOVED the original Clue movie. And seeing the poster for this fake remake....I kinda want it to happen. Any excuse for more Christina Ricci. For srs.
- Is it wrong that I think that a Wes Anderson reboot of Clue with that cast would probably be the most watchable film on this list and probably more watchable than Battleship.
- Everyone already knows Clue was a movie, but so was Ouija...it was called Witchboard, and Tawny Kittan was in it!
- Am I the only one that actually thinks that Clue would be awesome with a cast like that? We can hope can't we?
- Jesus people. They clearly said the Clue one would be a reboot. They fucking know it already is a movie.
- Barbaro !!!
- They made the clue movie and it was awesome!
- I would watch just about anything with the cast as awesome as the Clue one
- hey, Britt, check out wes a's new movie. hahahha, the casting is great in some of these.
- I really wouldn't mind seeing that fake Clue movie made. Gotta love Bill Murray. That Ouija one isn't that far from being believable, Wahlberg and all lol.
- Michael Moore should do an investigative documentary on the McDonalds Monopoly scam. you know? cuz that would be really interesting!
- ouija could probably work just not directed by M night shamalalalalalam what ever the fuck his name is
- Ha, ha, ha, ha..... The Clue reboot looks like it would be good!
- Ouija the movie poster is Genius. Seriously. I chuckled.
- yeah, let's make Goodman the "fat guy", even tho he's LOST 100+ lbs! I hear Brad Grunberg's not doing anything, lately.
- The Hungry Hungry Hippos poster: serious spit-take.
- Emma Stone looks more extra hot than normal.