7. President Skroob, Spaceballs
Ultimately his term would be considered a failure as Spaceball 1 met its unfortunate demise and he was resigned to a life on the Planet of the Apes. But the fact of the matter is the man was up against incredible odds during his time in office, namely the rapidly decreasing oxygen on his own planet, Planet Spaceball. While he did not succeed in stealing Druidia's oxygen supply, he oversaw the production of MegaMaid, a space-technology that would make Newt Gingrich salivate. Not too shabby.
6. Thomas J. Whitmore, Independence Day
Defeated Aliens, delivered solid speech, probably had sex with Vivica Fox while Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum were smoking cigars and welcoming aliens to earth. A job well done.
5. Tom Beck, Deep Impact
Morgan Freeman's Beck not only saved the earth from a devastating, humanity-destroying comet, but he paved the way for the future fictional African American presidents like Dennis Haysbert and Chris Rock. Without him, our movie presidents might still look like this.
4. Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove
Obligatory Peter Sellars addition here. Honestly, it's been years since I've seen Dr. Strangelove and consequently do not remember the details. I could look it up for you, but you have Wikipedia as well, and I'm not your dad. You can learn things on your own, son. Anyway, very good film. Very good satire. There's a good chance you're just scanning this list anyway, so who cares if I didn't discuss why he made the list. Most likely, you just glanced and saw "Dr. Strangelove" and went "of course." Let's move along, shall we?
3. Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux
While the real-life capture and death of Saddam Hussein is clouded with controversy, his fictional takedown was universally applauded. Aided by former Native American/Monk/Pilot/Ultimate Fighting champion Topper Harley, Benson infiltrated Saddam's palace and engaged the Iraqi dictator in a dramatic duel that left Hussein mutated with his pet dog. Ultimately, a piano was dropped onto the tyrant from a helicopter and the United States of America could finally move on, confident that an enemy had been properly disposed of.
2. Harrison Ford, Air Force One
His character probably had a name, but for now let's just refer to him as "President Getoffmyplane." Biggest accomplishment? Getting them off his plane.
1. Dave, Dave
Nevermind being a lookalike who duped the entire world into thinking he was actually the President, Dave (or Bill Mitchell) was surprisingly effective during his all-too-short run. Despite having no experience in politics, he was able to win the country over with his boyish charm, save a homeless shelter, and BALANCE THE ENTIRE NATION'S BUDGET IN ONE NIGHT WITH HIS FRIEND CHARLES GRODIN. That, and only that, is something all presidents, fictional or not, should aspire to.
- How could they leave out President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho from Idiocracy?
- The write lacked knowledge of these presidents. Funny article. Unfunny writer.
- Am I the only one laughing about the President from Dr. Strangelove being named 'Merkin'?
- Hey now. President Muffley got the world blown up.
- This is bullshit, I want to know why you put Peter Sellers in it. Talk about phoning it in!
- Bill Pullman of Independence Day
- Notable snub: Leslie Neilson as President Harris in scary movie 3, you're excited feel his nipples,
- Haha, President Getoffmyplane
- should've been the most ineffective movie presidents, that way Pres. James Dale (Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks!) could be #1
- How could you leave out Tommy Lister as President Lindberg in The Fifth Element!
- I wish tony shalhoub was the president in real life http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/14186e2cca/21-tony-shalhoub-facts
- This list is missing Andrew Shepherd: Why would a senator, his party's most powerful spokesman and a candidate for President, choose to reject upholding the Constitution? If you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter than I am, because I didn't understand it until a few hours ago. America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".
- President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho! He bravely trusted Not Sure, even though he totally talked like a fag, who showed everyone that Brawndo does not have the electrolytes plants crave, and it was, in fact, water (no, seriously, like from the toilet) that plants craved.
- Join the site ___Rich'Mingle, C;oM___ ” to meet many wealthy rich men and beautiful women.
- The only reason I clicked the link was to see if 'Dr. Strangelove' had made it. It had too!
- James Marshall (Ford) and Thomas J Witmore should have got first and second place.
- Watch more movie online myonlinemoviescafe2012.blogspot.com/ wallpaperofeverything.blogspot.com/ mycomiccafe.blogspot.com/ donatecarsincalifornia.blogspot.com/ ouronlinemoviescafe2012.blogspot.com/ cafegoogleadsensetip.blogspot.com/ mycomiccafe.blogspot.com/