C'mon guys, leave the cameos and starring roles to those who need it.
I used to feel bad when I would read about first-time screenwriters getting their movies green lit only to have Nicolas Cage cast in it, as it would likely kill their career before it even began. But at this point, all screenwriters should know what they're getting into. Fact: Nicolas Cage is in 71% of all films produced since 2003. It's no longer making it in the film industry. It's making it in the Nicolas Cage industry. And if you don't agree, he may just take your faceâ¦off.
Here's every conversation Slash has ever had:
Anybody: "Hey Slash we're gonna need you for--"
Slash: "I'm in."
Samuel L. Jackson
Obviously. And we're not complaining, either, as we enjoy each gig the man accepts. Here is a sampling of his work (there's not a dud in the bunch): Pulp Fiction, The Other Guys, Juice, Coming to America, Star Wars 7: Jar Jar's Revenge. He was also the DJ at my cousin's Bar Mitzvah, and I'm pretty sure he sang backup on the most recent Kings of Leon album.
Daniel Day Lewis
Jesus, it's like every four years, he's like "Yeah, I'll do your prestige picture that will earn me all of the Oscars." This fucking guy. You don't have to accept every script your agents hands you, man.
Did you know William Shatner is 397 years old? Actually that's not true. He's 396, which is still far older than expected, so he gets a pass. This guy is holding on for dear life and taking any offer that comes his way. So if that means teleporting into talk shows once a week, doing roasts of actors he's likely never heard of, or even starring in shows on CBS, good for him.
Up next: The 6 Dumbest Protests Ever
- lol... This fucking guy.
- Daniel Day Lewis does very few films...
- Should I consider the relative merit of minor plastic surgery?
- Loved the DD Lewis entry.. so so true!
- The list is woefully incomplete without mentioning Eugene Levy
- Incomplete without Michael Caine.
- y'all forgot morgan freeman
- Umm... you forgot Neil Patrick Harris. Not only a man who has to be in almost everything, but feels he has to host it as well.
- I think snoop is just high and has no idea what he's doing.
- My thoughts are that there really are not that many good movies out there right now. So many are remakes of old movies or carbon copies of other ones. Then there are the Shrek 1, 2, 3, 4. They do not get better as they go along either. I guess that is why movies cost so much now a days because fewer people go so that they have to make their money off fewer people.
- I'm pretty sure Christopher Walken should be on this list as well.
- Sean Bean. And he dies 95% of the time
- That's funny. I knew the second I read the Daniel Day Lewis one that there would be people who didn't catch the sarcasm.
- Eddie Murphy. Norbit, Towerheist, Dr Doolittle 2, it goes on.
- fckin hilarious