- The title is Fidel: Rolling in the Deep.
- In true dictator fashion, he wrote it in all-caps.
- The New York Times says it’s a “great beach read.”
- In one part, Castro reveals he can’t stand the Cuban sandwich, saying: “Ham AND roasted pork? Really? Why not stuff the snout in there, too, while you’re at it? No siree bob — I’m a cheesesteak man.”
- The memoir itself is only 300 pages. The other 700 pages are filled with the message “DIE, IMPERIALIST PIGS!”
- It’s dedicated to Snooki.
- In a chapter titled “Cuban Missile Crisis,” Castro relates a hilarious anecdote about the time he was having sex with his wife and couldn’t get an erection.