Recently William Shatner and Carrie Fisher exchanged barbs in the media over which franchise was more relevant, Star Trek or Star Wars. And while George Takei went to great lengths to resolve the issue by reminding both sides of the real mutual enemy, Twilight, as a fan of both franchises, and as a person who currently completely lacks a sex life (no way those two are interconnected) I've decided to figure out just who is stronger.
Potentially Gay Asian Characters
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Sulu -- Nute Gunray was almost single handedly responsible for the Clone Wars, which means he was also almost single handedly responsible for there being more than one Star Wars prequel. George Takei, alternatively, is responsible for being cooler than William Shatner.
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Admiral Ackbar -- Both have erogenous zones on their forehead. Both were almost mascots for SEC schools (Ackbar Ole Miss, Worf Vanderbilt.) Both look terrifying. But only one has inspired more memes than crying James Van Der Beek. That victory run Ackbar is taking...it's a lap!
Dapper Data and Picard
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Dapper Lando -- Don't get me wrong, Picard and Data in period costume works, but Billy Dee, Billy Dee works every time.
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Khan -- ?Quien Es Mas Macho? Darth Maul or MontalKhan?
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Slave Leia -- The thing is, Sexy Spock is actually an underrated costume. Particularly if you're Asian. Or a hipster. Or a hipster Asian. But I think everyone on earth ever has Google imaged Slave Leia at least once in their life. Twice if you're male. Twenty thousand times if you're me.
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Kirk/Spock -- Star Trek fan fiction is all about what would happen if Kirk and Spock hooked up. Star Wars fan fiction is all about what would happen if the X-Wing and Y-Wing hooked up.
Jar Jar Binks
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Push -- If I told you this one was a gimme you wouldn't know what my answer would be would you? This epitomizes whoever wins, we all lose.
?Quien Es Mas Macho? -- Abstinence
And the Winner Is...
Don't make me have to choose! I love them both! Can't someone write some Data/C-3PO slash fiction and we can put all of this behind us?'
- Wow, did anyone else find the comparison between Sulu (George Take)i and Nute Gunray to be racist? Just because Nute Gunray spoke with a pigeon English accent, it does not make it right to immediately contrast his character with that of an Asian American. This is not the forum for intolerant and ignorant articles to be written. Shame on you, Robert Biegler!
- You bring up some interesting questions regarding the Data/C-3PO affair... As we know, Data never had feelings or emotions (except that one time...) which made him the ideal goto when Picard needed logic and insight for his various predicaments (a new aged spock). But both C-3PO AND R2-D2 conveyed feelings and emotions throughout their respective Journey's. Were these true emotions or just a programmed fabrication to make them seem more life-like to their controllers? And what implication might that have on a relationship with a non-emotional being like Data? Opposites attract? Maybe... but your article really seems to be combining LIKE-KIND characters for juxtaposition. Both are cyborgs... agreed. But if that is your only rationale, why not inquire into the relationship of R2-D2 and the Star Trek Replicator? or even the Enterprise itself? On the flip site, does Data really have a logical and un-emotional counterpart in the Star Wars universe? Would a clone like Boba Fett count? As Yoda would no doubt proclaim: Too many questions raised you have...
- OMG!!!!!!!!give you an exciting site --Seekcasual.C .ó.M--- Pls check it out.I think you will like it. Thank you very much.
- It's like asking which you like better -- steak or ice cream. I love 'em both! (Although the Kirk/Spock thing is going to give me nightmares.
- I think you forgot to do one: ?Quien Es Mas Macho? - Tribbles or Anakin (pre-episode 4)