You're in good company, Penn State.
With Penn State students protesting and rioting over the firing of football coach Joe Paterno, who participated in the cover up of a serial child molester who happened to be his defensive coordinator, many have wondered what those students could possibly be thinking. With that in mind we here at Funny or Die decided to do some research to find the 6 dumbest protests ever.
6. The Charles Manson Riots
Music Fans protested the jailing of Charles Manson because he quote "had some more good tunes in him." It's a fact, Charles Manson was a singer song writer who tried to sell his songs to the Beach Boys. When he was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and multiple counts of murder some music fans were bummed because they felt he had just hit his song writing stride before acid and horrific murder distracted him. Ted Reynolds an employee at a Coconuts record store said "How do we know he didn't have a Good Vibrations in him? Now we'll never know cause of that other legal junk....Some day they're going to invent the cassette tape and those future mix tapes will suffer from this short sighted legal decision."
5. McRib Fans Protest Removal of McRib From McDonald's Menu
Thousands of McRibs fans took to the street when the sandwich was removed from the menu. McDonald's restaurants were stormed, cars, and even an 18 wheeler were overturned. Bon fires were set in mall atriums and heads were shaved by the hundreds. At the peak of the riot a McDonald's official announced that the sandwich would return to the menu and that it was a marketing gimmick. Protesters literally froze in their tracks and once rioter could be heard saying "Oh." They then immediately dispersed with many muttering "My bad.... Sorry."
4. 'Cheers' Fans Riot Over Choosing Woody Harrelson to Replace Coach
Four were critically injured and three cop cars were torched in this extremely violent riot over the choice of Woody Harrelson to replace Coach on the popular TV series Cheers. "Turned out Woody Harrelson was pretty damn good. I admit it, we over reacted." says a now reflective Cheers fan Rebecca Gaylesford.
3. Detroit Pistons Fans Riot After Pre-Season Win
When the Detroit Pistons beat the Atlanta Hawks in a 1993 pre-season game, over 8 thousand fans took to the streets. The Pistons had been led in scoring by Mark Macon with 12 points and had defeated the Hawks by 11 points. "A win's a win. It was the fourth game of the pre-season and we were pumped." said Tony Underhill. Police cars were overturned and a local Mexican restaurant was forcibly redecorated with a Thai theme.
2. Glenn Beck Fans Protest Themselves
After Glenn Beck warned of paranoid misinformed people and the danger they posed to America, Beck followers immediately started protesting themselves. With chants like "We only have 10% of the information!" and "We make sweeping dangerous generalizations based on the ravings of a morning zoo hack!" One protester over turned his own car and maced himself yelling "I'm incapable of discerning misinformation from truth!!"
1. The Million Baby March
After the success of the million man march and several other imitators, infant activists called for a Million Baby March. The protest was a resounding failure due largely to it's 1pm start time which was right in the middle of nap time. Babies also experienced difficulties with travel and the actual "marching" part of the march due to most participants being unable to walk.
Up next: 7 Thanksgiving Guests to Avoid
- Funny until the end. That was just weak.
- I don't know why the McRib one made me smile so much!!!!
- Lol My favorite was #2...
- lol glenn beck fans
- This reminds me of the 90's in the UK when a woman was hounded out of her house in Wales. The local idiots didn't realise that a paediatrician was not the same as a paedophile.
- Yeah, occupiers are way stupider than any of these. Michael Moore protesting about Capitalism and the rich 1%????? Come on!!!!
- People making fun of OWS (sarcasm aside) clearly know nothing about it. Turn off the TV and keep yourself informed.
- seems we have a nation full of morons
- Oh my God this is so funny! lol!
- Please watch "Inside Job" and then tell me how you feel.
- "pappa joe" is a sick sack of shit who deserves to be in prison himself, anyone who knows something like that was going on and doesn't aggressively pursue the investigation is either a child molester themselves or..a sick sack of worthless shit named joe paterno...congrats joe you chose football over a childs life...burn in hell
- Obv fake Penn State commercial... but funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5O00mNEN0A
- Christopher... you are starting to make yourself look quite suspect here, man.
- i like the one about Charles Manson because people believed that he was a true singer.
- Yeah. The Glenn Beck protest was dumb but those OWS are pretty damn smart. With people urinating and defecating in public and you think the Tea Party was nuts? Come on bro, be honest for a second...
- out of the six dummist protest ever the funniest 4 me is million baby march lmao & the mc'rib fans rioting over the removal of the mcdonalds mc'rib wayyy too stupid. you guys need to check out FUNNY OR DIE its crazy
- Land of the free, home of the ....