Why use a professional tradesman for a bathroom renovation?
When you employ Jay Jay's Bathroom Renovations' services, you deal with the person who is actually going to do the job. Everything is coordinated and carried out quickly and efficiently. On average a renovation of a bathroom takes 2-3 weeks only, while if you go for the DIY option in your free time it may take a half a year. The right tools are used for stripping out. Stripping out has to be done professionally or you will end up with a lot of unnecessary damage. Drop sheets and extraction fans are used to minimize dust accumulation. High quality plumbing products are used. Water proofing is really important and for a lasting effect must be carried out by a professional tradesman. To avoid annoying gaps, don’t install standard screens; use a professional tradesman who installs screens to fit. Floor tiles should be non-slip. A poorly tiled bathroom does not look good; employ a professional tiler. Last, but not least; all bathroom renovators are supposed to give you information about a 6 years guarantee. Many renovators neglect to inform their clients about the guarantee to avoid complaints.
The steps involved in a bathroom renovation:
1. A qualified staff member from Jayjay’s Bathroom Renovations views the “old” bathroom
2. We discuss the functionality of your plans and suggest moderations that would meet your budget
3. You receive a detailed quote with information in regard to design and materials from Jayjay’s bathroom renovations
4. Tile, plumbing and hardware selection. We don’t choose for you, but can give good advice and suggest suppliers to you that have a broad range and competitive pricing
5. A third of the quoted amount is to be pre paid by the client as a deposit
6. We start work with stripping out; a very dusty stage. Dust flies through the house which we avoid as much as possible by using drop sheets and extraction fans
7. (Wall, ceiling- and window work in some cases)
8. Plumbing and electrical work
9. Floor preparation, waterproofing and tiling
10. Tiling and finishing.