Miss the Golden Globes? That's too bad! They were actually pretty entertaining in a non-trainwreck sort of way! Below's all the action, in consumable internet form.
Amy Poehler and Tina Fey hosted, so let's high five and get this thing going.
As you can expect, there were zingers in the opening.
And of course, they weren't the only ones making the funnies:
via Daily Dot
But not everyone thought they were so hilarious:
Looks familiar. There's a good reason for that...
via Jake Fogelnest
That's not how you're supposed to be at these sorts of things. Let's just take a second to look back at the show from a few years ago. To find a pro:
Thank you Brendan for that reminder. You are, and always will be, the best.
Moving along! An insane man accepted the award for best screenplay:
via Daily Dot
We don't have a GIF for it, but by now you've probably heard of Jodie Foster's rambling, nonsensical "coming-out" speech. Even Mel Gibson had no idea what was going on:
via Daily Dot
If you give it some time, you'll see that the above is actually a GIF.
Anyway, let's get back to Amy and Tina a for bit, as they were an absolute delight. Have you seen their film "Dog President?" Well, you should as they were both nominated for their performances in it.
They were actually nominated for legit roles of theirs. Here's Amy while being nominated for real:
Also, this happened:
Did we mention Bill Murray was there with his date, Bill Murray's awesome mustache?
And let's wrap this up with drunk Glenn Close, perhaps the real star of the evening. But just for some context, here is the exchange between Fey and Poehler and Daniel Day Lewis.
That. That is how it's done. Not like this:
Alright. We're done here.
- Tina and Amy are such amazingly l funny actresses.
- I love Tina Fey! Amy Poehler's okay too, I guess.
- I see Dax Sheppard is sitting behind Daniel Day Lewis. I've never seen anyone try to osmose talent before.
- lol Cool.
- Amy macking on Clooney is priceless.
- I wish I had been asked to do their MU for this, Not just Tina and Amy, but all of them...even Mel and Bill, both Bill's... The would have at least looked real... LOL! Peace ! Jim
- Why are people being so hard on Tommy Lee Jones? He probably watched the show later and thought it was hilarious. I've been in the position before of not being able to focus on something I really enjoy, just because I was inside my head, pissed off at something entirely different, and just thinking "really? I gotta be here right now, instead of getting drunk, and shooting guns? Because that's where I'd much rather be!" Like whenever I breakup, that's what I like to do. I don't wanna get dressed up and go to an awards show, and if I had to, I definitely would look pissed, not because I wouldn't get drunk there too; but because of the absence of guns, and targets that I could shoot at without going to prison for murder.