I got up very early one morning and went outside to
pick up the Sunday paper,and noticed someone had sprayed red paint all
around the sides of the neighbors brand new beige truck. I went over
and woke him up and gave him the bad news. He was, of course extremely
They decided there wasn't much recourse but to wait
until Monday, since nothing was open. Just then another neighbor came
out of his house, surveyed the situation and immediately went to get his
WD-40 out and cleaned the red paint off with it. Guess What! It cleaned
up that paint without harming the original paint on the truck! I'm
I love WD-40 more than i do duct tape. after this occurance i thought
I'd do a little reaserch of the company and found the following...
Water Displacement #40. The product began from a search for A
rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts. WD-40
was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket
Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a
'water displacement' compound. They were successful with the fortieth
formulation, thus WD-40. The Convair Company bought it in bulk to
protect their Atlas missile parts.
Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in
WD-40 that would hurt you...' IT IS MADE FROM FISH OIL' . When you read
the 'shower door' part, try it. It's the first thing that has ever
cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as
well as glass. It is a miracle! Then try it on your stovetop... It is
now shinier than it has ever been before.
1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4) Gives floors that `just-waxed` sheen without making it slippery.
5) Keeps flies off cows.
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8) Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewelry chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes
18) It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Open
some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19) Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car. Removed
quickly, with WD-40!
20) Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a super fastslide.
g 21)Lubricates parts on lawn mowers.
22) Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25) Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, well as
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27 ) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35) Removes all traces of duct tape.
36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve
37) Florida's favorite use 'Cleans and removes love bugs from
grills and bumpers.'
38) Protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39) WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures
and you will be catching the big one in no time.
40) Ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41) WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark
and wipe with a clean rag.
42) If you've washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of
laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and Presto!
Lipstick is gone!
43) If you spray WD-40 on the distributor cap, it will displace
the moisture and allow the car to start.
44) WD-40 will also protect guns and knives from rust, and lube
moving for better action... works on all sporting good items.
Keep a can of WD-40 in your kitchen cabinet.. It is good for
oven burns or any other type of burn. It takes the burned feeling
away and heals with NO scarring.
Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL