With their digital series If You Don’t Tell Them, Then Who Will Jessica Biel and WomanCare Global CEO Saundra Pelletier are continuing to drive the conversation about reproductive health and encouraging girls of all ages to get educated about their own bodies.
Today, the group released two new videos entitled Real Sex and The Pill, which both use silly-goof humor to illustrate the very real misconceptions around sex and contraception, especially among teens.
While watching the first video, here are a few fun facts to keep in mind.
- 7 out of 10 teens have had sex by the time they turn 19
- The U.S. has the highest teen pregnancy rate of any country in the developed world
- Anal sex isn’t real sex
WOW. So it appears that last one is NOT true. Huh, looks like we can all stand to learn a thing or two. Thankfully, the WCG series brings a much-needed and disruptively candid voice to this discussion, while encouraging women, girls, their partners, and families to empower themselves by seeking out reliable sources so they can make educated decisions when it comes to their bodies.
Here comes Video #2 and, in turn, more fun facts.
- 1 out of 5 unintended pregnancies in the U.S. are with teens
- Each year, over 600,000 teens become pregnant in the U.S.
- If you’re watching your figure, you shouldn’t even consider going on the pill
ACTUALLY, don’t even need to watch this to know that last one is wrong.
Visit the WomanCare Global Resources Page for the real information.