1. The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was a female and no one made a fuss
2. On set Dan Aykroyd referred to Slimer as “Cum Dumpster”
3. In the original script there was a Gatekeeper and a KeyLimePieMaster and the script was way more southern and more like that Reese Witherspoon movie Sweet Home Alabama until Rick Moranis was like, ummmmmm, no.
4. Because of the double negative Ray Parker, Jr. WAS afraid of a ghost
5. After the infamous ghost blowjob scene, the film originally featured a 10-minute single take of Dan Aykroyd returning the favor
6. The Sigourney Weaver character, Dana Barrett, was originally written as an office water cooler, before Harold Ramis and Dan Akroyd decided she’d be much more useful as a love interest
7. The whole franchise takes place in the mind of one of Dr. Fraiser Crane’s mentally ill callers
8. The first Ghostbusters car, Ecto-1, ran on diesel fuel and has been involved in 7 separate vehicular homicide incidents
9. Like most things in the films, the famous “no-ghost” logo was just created out of thin air by one of the film’s producers. Think about that. This thing we all know and love so much, is just a complete creation of people’s imaginations. It was nothing. It never existed. And through sheer hard work, inspiration and collaboration it became this giant force in pop-culture. Crazy, right?
10. Harold Ramis died because of the female Ghostbusters
11. There were actually three popular catchphrases from the original Ghostbusters song, “Who ya gonna call?” “I ain’t afraid of no ghosts” and the third one that got lost to time, “Make America Great Again By Getting Rid Of The Ghosts.”
12. If you slow down the theme song it’s actually the “Super Bowl Shuffle”