- My college’s alumni association is asking for money. Do not answer.
- Someone has stolen my identity and the bank is calling to notify me. Do not answer.
- An old friend from high school I ran into recently is calling to follow up on my promise to grab a drink and catch up. Do not answer.
- That person who gave me a weird look on the subway is calling to say that he is in fact stalking me, and has been for some time. Do not answer.
- Something about jury duty maybe? Do not answer.
- A doctor I have never visited is calling to tell me that I am very, very sick. Do not answer.
- I accidentally committed insider trading while trying to explain the stock market to my cousin. Do not answer.
- Two weeks ago I dropped a bottle cap and did not want to pick it up because the sidewalk is dirty. Someone tripped on the bottle cap and badly injured their back. A private investigator has tracked me down, and I am being taken to court for reckless endangerment. Also for littering. Do not answer.
- Everyone I know has died. Do not answer.