Halloween’s this weekend and we know many of you are planning to go out dressed as the internet’s favorite dead gorilla. Now whether or not that’s a good idea, here are some last minute ways to make your Harambe costume stand out above the rest.
1. Don’t do it.
2. Stay home.
3. Go as LITERALLY anything else.
4. Did we say don’t? We did? OK, great.
5. Maybe Watch David Pumpkins Over And Over Instead?
6. Volunteer At A Soup Kitchen
7. Perhaps Do Some Light Reading On Why A Harambe Costume Is Problematic
- The Conversation About Harambe Has Racist Undertones We Can’t Ignore
- The Dark Internet Humor of Harambe Jokes
- The Cincinnati Zoo Really Hates Your Harambe Memes
8. Please, don’t do this to yourself. Do you really want your future children to see photos of their mom or dad wearing an offensive dead gorilla meme?
Some simple stockings, a leather jacket and a little extra fierceness will elevate this simple meme into a costume worthy of being called Queen.