Jon Stewart will once again host the “Night of Too Many Stars: America Unites for Autism Programs” from Madison Square Garden in New York City on Sunday, November 18 at 8PM. The show will be broadcast live on HBO.
With this many stars in one room, the possibilities for both comedy and chaos are endless. We asked our staff to make some predictions as to what we hope - or fear - could happen on live television.
1. John Oliver admits he doesn’t have a last name, only first names.
2. Rob Corddry will donate one of his last name’s superfluous “d’s” to the cause.
3. Adam Sandler will wear a tuxedo made out of sweatpants and old t-shirts.
4. Katy Perry performs a moving rendition of “Firework” with Young Sheldon.
5. Ben Stiller screens ‘Zoolander 2’ for all 18,000 people in attendance, increasing the total number of people who saw ‘Zoolander 2’ to 18,000.
6. Rob Corddry and Howie Mandel rub each other’s heads for good luck.
7. John Mulaney orders the fish, gets the steak, and sends it back politely.
8. Ellie Kemper makes the connection that “Night Of Too Many Stars” is just people who used to work on “The Daily Show” and Howie Mandel for some reason.
9. Ben Stiller offers some hair gel to Olivia Munn who DOES NOT accept.
10. Olivia Munn & John Oliver get married, finally making her Olivia Oliver.
11. Rob Corddry is introduced as “the guy that isn’t The Rock on ‘Ballers.’”
12. Abbi Jacobson and Jon Stewart re-create Stewart’s cameo from “Half Baked.”
13. A freak accident merges JJ Abrams, John Mulaney, and John Oliver into one being - JJJJ Abrams
14. Jon Stewart, unfamiliar with being on television again, keeps calling the camera “the robot with the big eye that keeps looking at me.”
15. Hasan Minhaj reveals his painful, years-long battle with thinkin’ he cute.
16. Ellie Kemper thinks it’s a roast and calls Howie Mandel “Howie Man-smell.”
17. Howie Mandel fires back with the barb, “Smelly Kemper,” proving he’s still got it.
18. Halfway through the show, JJ Abrams will reboot the special for modern audiences.
19. Somebody recognizes Rob Corddry.
20. Hasan Minhaj goes crazy from telling people, “I’m not related to Nicki Minaj.”
21. Jon Stewart is busted for using performance-enhancing drugs to stay up ’til the end of the event.
22. Ben Stiller is denied entry when he doesn’t meet the height requirement.
23. Howie Mandel will host an impromptu version of America’s Got Talent; Ben Stiller is voted off the show.
24. John Oliver doesn’t make it after being placed on the travel ban list by President Trump.
25. John Mulaney is mistakenly seated in the kids’ section.
26. Adam Sandler will announce he’s making a dramatic, depressing sequel to one of his greatest hits, and he’s calling it “Sad Gilmore.”
27. Jordan Klepper will finally dunk.
28. Howie Mandel will reveal he’s been wearing a bald cap this whole time, and when he takes it off, he’s still just as bald.
29. JJ Abrams leaves after the first commercial break and is replaced by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.