HBO released a poster for the upcoming season of Game Of Thrones. Prominently featured is Jon Snow, who seemingly died in last season’s finale, prompting much speculation about the future of the character. So what does this mean?
- The show will be on HBO.
- By the look of his nose, Jon’s developed quite the coke habit in the afterlife.
- April will be unseasonably cold.
- The photo was actually based off a popular piece of fan art, except that one had him kissing Theon.
- Someone in HBO marketing just learned how to use Photoshop.
- This isn’t a poster advertising when the next season of the show comes out; it’s the network giving George R.R. Martin an ultimatum of when the next book has to be done. Or else.
- Jon Snow has become the one-eyed crow, as foreshadowed by his nascent warg abilities (bolstered by the supplemental evidence of Bran and Arya’s similar abilities), as well as the misinterpreted prophecy alluded to by Maestor Aemon, and finally as complemented by the rather on-the-nose “crow” imagery of the dark feathery garb of those who take the black. Real clever, HBO social media team, real clever.
- Just a hunch but I bet we see some tits this season.