After Tesla CEO Elon Musk enigmatically tweeted that Tesla has a big product announcement coming at the end of April that is “not a car,” the tech world has been clamoring with speculation about what the mysterious product could be. Below we’ve compiled some of the most likely possibilities.
Major new Tesla product line -- not a car -- will be unveiled at our Hawthorne Design Studio on Thurs 8pm, April 30— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 30, 2015
Elon Musk “Not A Car” Mysterious Announcement Possibilities
- A new engine for the existing Tesla models that finally doesn’t run on penguin blood.
- Riderless horses.
- Light bulbs that glow in your hands thanks to a big scary metal tower nearby.
- A new kind of battery that you are allowed to eat when it’s done.
- Direct Current power stations (Nicola Tesla deep cut joke, y'all!).
- A cheap, environmentally friendly atomic bomb.
- Musk by Musk, the cologne for engineers.
- Partnering with the Jamiroquai Institute, they have cured Virtual Insanity.
- Plan to move Saturn’s rings to their rightful place around earth.
- Another internet.
- Dunno. A kind of soup, maybe? Like a new kind of Tesla soup or something? No, probably not.
- A new Tesla coil that Elon Musk keeps saying is super advanced but looks suspiciously like an ordinary slinky.
- Car called “Not A Car” (fun trick).