Parent’s Just Don’t Understand – Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff
“Well parents are the same no matter time nor place
So to you all the kids all across the land
Take it from me
Parents just don't understand”
- I mean, our parents were kids once too. Yes, perhaps times have changed and the social mores have evolved, but the generation gap has always existed for everyone and you, Will Smith, are no exception. Life is hard and earning the acceptance of your parents is sometimes difficult.
C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me) – Wu Tang Clan
“Cash, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Get the money
Dollar, dollar bill y'all”
- Surely, economics and the power of money is a large determinant as to how we feed, clothe, and maintain any standard of living throughout the world, but there does exist a realm of humanity that can overcome the influence of money. For instance, helping a neighbor with their groceries, performing community service, or painting a pretty picture are all bastions of humanity that may dilute the power of economics.
Regulate – Warren G
“Since these girls peepin me I'ma glide and swerve
these hookers lookin so hard they straight hit the curb
Won'tcha think of better things than some horny tricks
I see my homey and some suckers all in his mix
Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold
now they droppin and yellin
it's a tad bit late
Nate Dogg and Warren G had to regulate”
- Okay, yes, if someone is holding a gun to your head, then yes, if there is means, there is a reasonable expectation to “regulate,” as you say. But have you considered maybe taking a more carrots and sticks approach to conflict resolution? Maybe giving a reasonable explanation of your side of the story, and hinting at a compromise by revealing your own admission of guilt. Maybe then, you could convince your aggressor to remove the gun from your head and come to a clean and amenable resolution.
- In terms of the women you were looking at falling after looking at you, this may be a time to not look inward for self-flattery but outward by coming to the aide of these women you have blinded. Again, in this situation, regulating may sound like the more macho thing to do, but please consider the safety of others.
Area Codes – Ludacris
“I've got hoes
I've got hoes, in different area codes (area, area codes, codes)
hoes, hoes, in different area codes (area, area codes, codes)”
- It must be said that Luda sounds petty in his attempt to collect a network of big booty hoes throughout the continental US. But casting your net so far may have consequences. Certain area codes are recycled, making for a very confusing and overlapped address book. I would suggest making a notation next to each video girl indicating her city and state of origin. One should never go out hoeing without being sure where that hoe is from.