Great success is very good but like every good thing, it doesn’t come easy. If you want to have great success, you need to get out of your comfort zone and start taking huge steps of faith. There is a popular saying that if the dream you have for your life doesn’t scare you, you probably won’t amount to anything in life. These five principles will put you on the right path to turning your dreams into achievements.
1. Set high but achievable goals. Nobody can have great success unless she has clearly defined goals. Goal setting can be defined as the ability to see where you want to be in the future. That’s why it is good to dream big and set high goals. Set goals that will drive you, energize you and chase you out of your comfort zone.
2. Take action to do great things. It is not enough to set goals. Great success does not come to goal setters, it comes to goal achievers. It is therefore expedient that while you set your goals, you set up a system that will help ensure that all your goals are achieved within the set deadline. This can be done by breaking down your goals into small actions that you can take every day. As you achieve one goal, move to the next. The more you achieve these goals, the more motivation you get to do even more.
3. Take action for what you believe. If you want to achieve great things in life, you have to shut the door of your mind against both internal and external voices of discouragement and doubt. If you have a big dream and you want to measure what it takes to really achieve that dream, it always seems impossible. Greatness is not doing or thinking about the ordinary, it is all about going the extra mile and operating in the realm of extraordinary. You have to keep telling yourself that it’s possible. The more you feed your goal, the more your fear disappears and vice versa. You are the only one that can truly motivate yourself to success, no one will do it for you, even your own siblings out of a pure desire to help will tell you to face reality and stop acting like a mad person.
4. Act with courage and integrity. Integrity is very very important whether you are an employee or an employer, a student or a businessman. There are different areas of integrity but I will like to sum up integrity as being whole and undivided, the ability to produce the same results regardless of what environment you find yourself. We have to be accountable to ourselves. We need to cultivate values of honesty and strong moral.
5. Perform an audit of every action. Every action has consequences and they ought to be taken as such. Try measuring your actions before and after you perform it in order to know exactly the effect of such an action on your life and success. One thing to always remember is that everything matters, every action has consequences.