Full Credits

Stats & Data

0Funny
0Die
9
Views
April 18, 2018
Published
Description

You never heard of these funny things about Plastic Surgery.

5 Funny Things you Never Heard about Plastic Surgery

Plastic surgery refers to any procedure that molds and shapes a person’s body to make it look different than it did originally. Some of the most common procedures performed these days include Rhinoplasty in which the shape of your nose is changed and Rhytidectomy, also known as a facelift. There are various other procedures, all of which you can find at Cosmeditour. Initially, they were used by celebrities only for aesthetic purposes, but now these procedures are not as expensive and not just reserved for the rich and famous. Also, there are some truly shocking and funny things that a lot of people have never heard about plastic surgery. Want to know what they are? Read on to find out:

You can find a Cara Delevingne eyebrow transplant

Eyebrow Transplant.png

Anew form of hair transplant has been created by Dr. Keith Durante, who is a plastic surgeon in New York. This type of eyebrow packaged is named after CaraDelevingne and is called the ‘Cara Package’. It carries a price tag of $US 7,500. Cara is a popular model who played the female lead in Paper Towns, a movie adaptation of a novel of the same name by John Green. Cara has thick eyebrows, which have become a part of her signature style and a huge trend worldwide.

Men are almost head to head with women in plastic surgery procedures

man and woman.jpg

There was a time that 91% of the plastic surgery patients were women and men constituted the remaining 9%. But, in the last decade or so, the number of men has risen by nearly 45%. As a matter of fact, men are now head to head with women in terms of plastic surgery procedures, which indicates that they are becoming increasingly conscious about their appearance. Nonetheless, there is a difference in the procedures required by both.

Plastic surgery was deemed as a sin

sin.jpg

Back in the Middle Ages, plastic surgery was not a very common procedure at all. Asa matter of fact, it was regarded as sinful due to which most people didn’t even think about getting it done. The idea of altering a person’s body was frowned upon because it was seen as a way to change God’s creation. Plastic surgery became acceptable when certain procedures were used to heal injuries suffered by soldiers.

Plastic surgery was initially done in barbershops

barbershop.jpg

Plastic surgery was not always performed in sterile rooms where the risk of getting hurt was very low. In the 16th century, these procedures were actually done in barbershops by the barbers. As a matter of fact, the people who worked in these shops were not only required to know how to cut hair but also had to have knowledge of how to pull teeth out and amputate limbs. These people were called ‘barber surgeons’ and they possessed a wide range of skills.

There are plastic surgery style runway parades

Yes, you read it right. RamtinKassir is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who made headlines when he decided to show off his handiwork through a plastic surgery runway parade. Women and men who had been his patients walked down the runway while their pictures before and after the surgery were displayed on the big screens behind them. The big screens also showed the list of procedures that had been performed, helping members of the audience decide if they wanted to undergo any of the procedures.

Advertisement