Full Credits

Stats & Data

120Funny
26Die
17,100
Views
March 24, 2016
Published
Description

In a parody of the NY Times breakdown of "Where Are U Now," musicians Thao and Merill Garbus break down the production behind “Astonished Man.”

If we asked you to name any three people that are absolutely ripe for parody these days, statistics show there’s an almost 97% chance you’ll say Justin Bieber, Diplo and Skrillex, though not necessarily in that order. The other 3% of you would say Donald Trump three times, but that’s a whole other problem.

Thankfully for the vast majority of us, musicians Thao and Merrill Garbus, aka tUnE-yArDs, have teamed up to create a near pitch-perfect parody of last year’s NY Times deep dive into the production of the smash hit “Where Are Ü Now.” If you haven’t seen that particular video, you may want to do that right now. Also, start spending more time on the internet!



In this FOD premiere, Thao and Merrill break down the production behind the band Thao & The Get Down Stay Down’s new song “Astonished Man.” From recording drums, to being a chick, to being a chick who who knows how to record drums, it’s all there, complete with colorful graphics and EDM-infused glasses.

We guarantee you won’t find a better parody video anywhere today, especially one that’s 100% Donald Trump-free.

Thao & The Get Down Stay Down’s new full-length record A Man Alive is out now on Ribbon Music.

Advertisement
Advertisement