If you listen closely, all across the nation, across the seas, and orbiting the globe, the world record of uncomfortable shoulder shrugs and audible cringes is being broken. By now you’ve probably seen the horribly awkward Good Morning Sacramento interview with model and actress Cara Delevingne.
In case you haven’t, here it is. Be warned that this video will cause extreme tenseness and may cause you to cover your ears and eyes.
If you successfully got through that, congratulations. If not, don’t worry about it. It is incredibly hard to watch without screaming “nope!”
No matter how much of the video you watched or whose side you’re on (personally, I’m siding with the editors who bravely did not cut any of the awkwardness out, they are the true heroes) we’ve made a short to-do list on how to recover and restore your sanity.
- Go into child’s pose and stay there until you regain your youthful innocence.
- Stand up tall and say the name “Cara” (note: not “Carla”) loudly and succinctly, over and over again.
- Run into an old acquaintance, remember their name, ask how they are doing, don’t dawdle too long, continue on your separate ways, and think to yourself, “Great running into them; that interaction went well.”
- Successfully complete a DIY Pinterest project.
- Watch this incredibly satisfying and arguably entirely perfect video of calligraphy writing.
The to-do list isn’t long, but it’s foolproof. Use it when necessary and best of luck avoiding all the horribly awkward things life throws your way.