Full Credits

14Funny
0Die
Views
July 20, 2015
Published
Description

A college girl's summer term

The Adventures of Allison Hall: Summer Term, 2015

Re: [17] NOU MISL INFORMATION: New Student Scores and Feedback for Allison Hall from NOU Instructor Xavier Winslow Now Available

Monday, July 6, 2015 6:55 PM

Mark as Unread

On Jul 6, 2015, at 11:16 PM, “Martha White”: mwhite@smu.edu wrote:

Hi Allison,
It looks as though you have not completed any work in your online class…see the report below.

Please get in touch with me immediately.

Sincerely,
Martha White, MA
Academic Counselor
Southern Michigan University

———- Forwarded message ———-

From: ‪noreply@nou.org

Date: Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Subject: [17] NOU MISL INFORMATION: New Student Scores and Feedback for Allison Hall from NOU Instructor Xavier Winslow Now Available

To: mwhite@smu.edu

Dear Ms. White,
Allison Hall has recently been awarded the following Scores/Feedback by Instructor Xavier Winslow at the National Online University.

Course: Geometry B (FVS)

Term: 14-15 Summer – College

Points Earned to Date: 0.00

Total Points Possible: 1440.00

Comments: Missing several assignments; not on pace to complete the course

Sent from my iPhone

On July 7, 2015, at 10:39 PM, “John Hall” jhall@modnar.com wrote:

Hi Ms. White:
I am glad that you cc’ed us on your emails to Allison. I hope she contacted you about this. In case she has not, I spoke to her about it. Allison is backpacking in Colorado and will be returning on Saturday. She said she knows what she needs to do and will spend many hours working on the assignments when she returns. I think she has it under control. She also said that there are no due dates for assignments as long as she finishes everything by the last day of the course.

Sincerely,
John Hall

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2015, at 11:16 PM, “Richard Cavalcanti”: rcavalcanti@smu.edu wrote:

Dear Mr. Hall,
I just met with Ms. White regarding your daughter Allison’s situation, and we tried to contact her for a conference call. Apparently she is hiking in the Rocky Mountains and is out of touch with civilization. Allison, are you doing this work? Mom and Dad, are you aware of her progress?

Hoping to hear soon,
Richard Cavalcanti, PhD
Dean of Academic Affairs
Southern Michigan University

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 9, 2015, at 10:39 PM, “John Hall”: jhall@modnar.com wrote:

Hello Martha:
I am forwarding the original email I sent to you on July 7 (see attachment). Allison has experienced some trouble with the online course’s software, but she can now “get in.” However, Allison is having some difficulty with the math–not a surprise to us. She works well with tutors and she is lining them up. There are no due dates for assignments and we have full confidence that Allison will complete the assignments successfully by the end of the course.

I have been on vacation, and as you know, I am a high school English teacher and I haven’t written a complete sentence in two weeks.

How am I doing?

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to have a margarita.

Regards,