Gooooooooood morning Cass Tech High School! I’m Charlie Hurt and these are your morning announcements!
- The Cass tech football team will be playing renaissance high school this Friday, please come out and support our boys. If you will be going, our principal Ms. Phillips requests that you do not start a riot in the event that our team wins. As you all know, the city is still recovering from the casualties faced at the last game.
- Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday! Tacos will be served at lunch, and if you don’t like eating tacos, please prepare your own lunch and bring it to school. Chaining the lunch ladies to a table and demanding better food will no longer be tolerated.
- On a somber note, Mr. Reed will be leaving our school and moving to Morocco on Friday. Here’s a note that he left to the school and our students: “Hello students, I just wanted you to know that my 13years here at Cass Tech High School have been some of the best years of my life. I am very lucky to have gotten to meet so many promising young adults during my time here, and have been given memories that I will surely cherish for the rest of my life. But alas, every 13 years I move to a different country and change my identity, Nothing’s more fun than becoming a completely different person. So goodbye Cass Tech, Goodbye Gregory Reed, and hello Hakim Nimadi! That’s my new name!” Mr. Nimadi will be missed.
- Yearbook! Yearbook! The yearbook committee is looking for new members to help out with this year’s yearbook! Some of the duties you’ll be responsible for are taking photos of the different clubs,going to school sporting events, and organizing the book. Come to room 401 and talk to Ms. Jackson for more info. Also, terrorist did not cut off Ms. Jackson’s head. She is alive and still teaching pre-Calculus.
- Vice Principle Mr. Campbell would like you all to know that transfer student Angela Foster is Albino, not a vampire. Please stop leaving cloves of garlic on her locker and stealing her Umbrella.
- And now a few words from your Class president Jeremy Lewinsky “Thank you Charlie. Fellow students, I just want to make it clear that I do not have much power. I am simply a class president. A lot of you have come up to me demanding that I do something about the injustice being faced by African-Americans in our country. Although I do agree that the racist treatment of African-Americans in this country is appalling, I alone have no power within the U.S government, and can virtually do nothing. Now if you’d like Cass tech to bring back hamburgers to Thursday lunch, I’m your guy! Want something to be done about not having soap in bathrooms? Get at me! Want healthier options in vending machines? Holla at cha’ boy! But when it comes to foreign policy, or any other political matter, I’m not the one. I barely have any influence on the schools decisions; it’s insane to think that I can change the state of the union. See you guys at homecoming!”
- English teacher Ms. Taylor asks that all students stop referring to her as “bae”.
- If anyone is the owner of a white Honda civic,you have the same car as my mom! Let’s meet up and discuss this playful coincidence.
- Finally, a message of encouragement for those of you taking the mock SAT this weekend from Your principle Ms. Phillips “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia,the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice,sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a”…oh I’m sorry you guys, this isn’t Ms. Phillips message, It’s Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech. I have no idea how this got mixed in here. Anyways, good luck on the mock SAT, and while we’re at it, happy belated black history month!
These have been you’re morning announcements!And remember, Cass Tech number one, second to none, and have an excellent day!