(from my blog at whatgives.gainesville.com)
Lately, I've been thinking about the all-powerful To Do List.
My To Dos are Too Boring so instead I've been imagining what more interesting folks might have on their lists.
Singer/drug addict Amy Winehouse
1. Get up at the crack of 8 p.m. and no later!
2. At least think about taking a shower.
3. Find out the name of that strange man who has been passed out inside the dog house for a week.
4. Find out what happened to the dog.
5. Try to decipher that song I wrote using strawberry jam and mascara.
6. Buy some pens already!
7. Eat something ... this week.
8. Apply a fresh layer of makeup.
9. Find an outfit to wear that DOESN'T smell like cat pee.
10. Hit the clubs again at midnight and party till I drop. (Dead?)
Oh, who am I kidding? Amy is not a planner. She's a real fly high by the seat of her pants kind of a gal.
Let's try again.
An AIG executive
1. Buy better track shoes so I can outrun the angry mobs.
2. See about getting into the witness protection program.
3. Get rid of that darn I love AIG bumper sticker.
4. See if they make an "Executives For Dummies" book. (It's never too late to learn.)
5. Kick a kitten.
6. Come up with a good lie about how I spent my bonus. (Would anyone believe I gave it to orphans?)
7. Call my accountant to make sure he's dotting all the i's and hiding all the T-bonds.
8. Step on a crack. (Sorry about your back Mom.)
9. Start looking for a way to frame my secretary for this whole mess.
10. Polish up my horns.
Now that's a full day.