What in the Hell Does Swag Mean?
I pretty much have no idea what swag is, but I do know these four things.
1) The word swag is a hemorrhoid in the asshole of English vernacular.
2) I don’t have it.
3) According to the brain trust on Twitter, “swag don’t pay the bills."
4) How often you use the word swag is directly related to how awful of a human being you are.
According to the very reliable, extremely trustworthy website Urban Dictionary swag can be defined as:
“apperance ,style ,or the way he or she presents them selves.”
Sample Sentence: He got a killa swag.
Going by this definition, one must assume that swag only relates to the appearance or the overall presentation of a most likely unemployed person. But swag has to mean much more than that. For example, if swag only related to the appearance of someone then someone putting on Facebook “Just had killer eggs for breakfast #swag” would make no fucking sense. Swag just has to mean more. Also people who use hashtags for anything other than Twitter are the worst people in existence. They should be sentenced to an eternity in Hell for committing terrorist acts against mass communication.
In the process of doing research for this article, I made the worst possible mistake that a person could make. I typed swag into the search bar on Twitter. I learned a little about swag, but lost a little bit of my soul.
Here are some sample Tweets:
Lol at all these wannabe lax bros right now. Fake swag equals no swag.
Fake swag equals no swag. Got it. This would be very helpful if SOMEONE ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT SWAG MEANT. Is swag just trying to look really awesome? There has to be more to it than that. There has to be.
This kid has Justin Bieber's OLD haircut. No SWAG.
I didn’t gain understanding of what swag is from this tweet, but I did learn that having Justin Bieber’s old haircut is not having swag. I still don’t get it.
If you own a blue jacket that don't mean you got swag
Having a blue jacket doesn’t mean you have swag, but could you have a blue jacket and still have swag? It’s hard to tell. All I am getting from Twitter is that swag and literacy do not go well together.
hop upp out of bed, turn my swag onnnnn
Is swag something you just turn on? Is it like a light switch? If you turn your swag on, does your literacy go off?
Got so much swag that it's pumping out my ovaries!
Fuck this fucking world.
After being exposed to the post about swag pumping out of ovaries, I decided to end my research on Twitter. I didn’t really learn much about the meaning of swag outside of the fact that it appears to have no meaning. It just seems to be some word that expresses how stylish and/or unemployed you are.
My research on Twitter did teach me one other important thing that I didn’t really want to know—swag can be used as a verb. Apparently, it is possible to “swag on” someone. I have no idea what that can possibly mean, but I imagine it involves a lot of fist pumping and Roofalin.
The worst thing about swag is when it is used as a complete sentence. People who think swag constitutes a complete sentence should never, ever reproduce. Statues would be built in these people’s honor though because by not reproducing they would be doing the world an amazing service—not spreading their genetics. Using swag as a complete sentence means absolutely nothing and is the worst type of verbal diarrhea and the only thing that can cure their verbal diarrhea is a swift kick to the face. If you ever hear a person repeatedly say swag be a Good Samaritan and cure their verbal diarrhea.
Despite all my research on the word swag, I still have no idea what it means. I have no clue. I see people use it. I know the context it is used in. But god dammit, IT DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING. I think it means looking stylish and awesome, but it can also be used as a verb and as an entire sentence. I don’t fucking get it. I really don’t. All I know that swag is more responsible for the unemployment rate than our economy could ever be.
As far as I am concerned swag can be defined as:
Giving up your employment and literacy for a snapback cap and baller shorts.
- swaG... :)
- This guy definitely got swag.
- well I learned that in the 1960.s,it was a secret code acronym that means Secretly We Are Gay,it also can b used to describe a an arrangement of flowers...go figure...now u can just say I went on line and found out the definition of the word by swag surfing....lol
- It's depressing that most of the comments I see below an article about literacy and stupidity are from illiterate and stupid people.
- brittany you are correct originally swag means "secretly we gay"
- "S.W.A.G." SCIENTIFIC WILD ASSED GUESS, In other words no real meaning, just what dumb asses choose to let it mean!! lmbo
- An ornamental festoon of flowers, fruit, and greenery: "ribbon-tied swags of flowers".
- SWAG: S: secretly W: we A: are G: gay
- some dudes who apparently know what swag means just walked by and asked what i was doing, i told them reading about swag and their response was- "that's where you fuck'n up you aint got swag if you gotta read about it."- i don't want to have children anymore because of people like this.
- Freaking awesome post! xD
- With research, you might have found the meaning "souvenirs, wearables and gifts". It's been used in the entertainment business for quite a while referring to merchandise sold after concerts and seminars or the gifts given to those attending fundraisers and awards ceremonies.
- Silly Worthless And Gratuitous
- When I used to work in entertainment, I always heard it used to indicate "stuff we always get," promotional stuff.
- Maybe it's like the f-word. There is a meaning but not in normal vernacular. While "swag" can be a verb, a noun, or an adjective, it doesn't really mean anything. It's a good thing, though if you have it. Although, both words are good if you're doing them. Swagging and stuff. Perhaps if you've been swagged, I guess that's a good thing. It means "you're awesome." The opposite is true of the f-word, unless we're not talking figuratively.
- SWAG= Stuff We All Get.
- Swag can also be used as a noun(in addition to the verb). Like "I like his swag." To me, its really just how you present yourself. Swag is, put simply, another word for 'cool'. It could get more complicated than that though.
- Lmao why you mad?? I'm mad you did research....you're obviously swagless
- Something. We. Americans. Got. just kidding but I have heard it means secretly we are gay. I guess business used to put up a "Swag Sign" to let gays know that they were welcome in that establishment. It may or may not be true. The way I like to look at it is Swag is a compliment. You have to be yourself and not be fake or copy anyone else. Confidence in who you are and if another person likes the way you represent yourself then they would say "You got Swag".
- The word swag is a hemorrhoid in the asshole of English vernacular
- I thought when you have swag, it means your gay.
- SWAG = She Want's A Gentleman ^^
- SWAG means being sharp, looking Good, yu sound crazy its has nothing the do with beimg unemployed ... #foh
- sayinf F.... all the time does not give you any worthwhile swag to any worthwhile person.