The season finale of SNL ran on Saturday and while we're not usually in the game of SNL recaps (we'll save that for the rest of the internet), there were some sketches and moments that as a comedy site, we'd be idiots not to acknowledge.
FIRST UP! LAZY SUNDAY 2!
Was this Andy Samberg's swan song? He didn't get the emotional sendoff that Wiig received (more on that later, since we don't want to start this recap off with buckets of tears because honestly how do you recover from that? You don't. That is the answer.). But if this was in fact the final digital short, there was no better way to go out than bookending his time on the show like this.
Moving along! Mick Jagger hosted. He's a legend. He's also intriguing as a human being since he's looked like he's on the verge of death since 1984. Maybe he died already. Who knows? At the very least the Mick Jagger zombie was very funny hosting. Here he is in a sketch making fun of himself.
A message to next season: More Bobby Moynihan, please.
Obligatory Stefon posting…
And finally, Kristen Wiig. The show opened with Lawrence Welk. I don't care if you've grown tired of this sketch - knowing it was Kristen's last show made this one special. Also, Jon Hamm. Also, tiny hands.
OH AND THE SHOW ENDED LIKE THIS MAYBE YOU'LL ENJOY IT IF YOU CAN FEEL FEELINGS
Remember that episode of Saturday Night Live where you cried your eyes out?
- aawww cant see it
- The Mick Jagger sketch was hilarious! I don't understand why everyone hates on SNL so much these days. Its funnier than its ever been!
- I cried buckets. Such a great send off to an amazing lady, I'm still reeling from losing her and now I hear no more Andy Samberg and Jason Sudekis???? Nooooooo!!! That being said, the cast is still pretty damn stellar. I mean, Fred Armisen is genius and so is Bill Hader. I also agree, I'd like to see more Bobby Moynihan! And Nasim Pedrad, Abby Elliot, Taran Killam, Jay Pharoh...I could keep going but the jist is gotten.
- My favorite part of SNL. I'll miss you Kristen. Come back and host billions and billions of times, ok? :')
- how cool to be serenaded by Mick Jagger and Arcade Fire. Kristin was great.
- Is Samberg leaving too?
- Can't lie...I totally teared up. Seeya, Rainbow.
- GTFO or tits
- ...Kristen who?
- Well miss Wigg. She is THE funniest female ever.
- The clip isn't available in my location... I am in Canada... WTF??
- I wish she did the character who talks a mile a minute and says "Just kidding" seventy times.
- Why make fun of Mick, saying he might be dead already? WOW, just a stupid comment from a careless person. He is awesome and did a great job hosting. Check your stupid comments at the door.
- The farewell to Kristen Wiig was fantastic....can't top a Mick Jagger send off.! I'll miss her characters on SNL.
- Is it just me or should Jason and Kristen just go ahead and DO IT already!?!?!
- I've never heard of Arcade Fire.
- The best news I have heard from SNL in years, "Andy Samberg is leaving!" I almost shed a tear of happiness. Yes his video shorts were funny, but all in all he was a huge tool. :-)
- Kristen Wiig is simply brilliant SNL going to be boring without her :(
- WAIT Kristin Wigg is FINALLY off the show?? I AM EXCITE!
- I love Kristen.. But I adore Andy Samberg. He better not be leaving.
- SHES ONE OF THE GREATS
- I still remember Kristin Wiig's first season. She has been a stand out since the beginning! Incredible talent. One question though...did anyone notice Jason Sudeikis in the background at the end of the show? He looked extremely emotional. Either because of Wiig's departure or because he wasn't getting any attention for leaving...or just because he's had a great run and it's over. This has been a great era for SNL - and I completely agree...More Bobby Moynihan!
- Hell yeah bumping on a lazy Sunday , My Dude take more shots then John Wilkes booth the music is ear-catching
- Associations of life insurance conference attendees D.J What …anyways Jimmy Fallon gets mad props 4 doing it the best way on stage all the rest is second 2 none
- Finger lakes “ if U can only squeeze in 1 finger on your first visit then next time relax & maybe U fit in 2 “ Now thats game .