While feeding your cat a moist homemade cat food is the best way to go health-wise, there are times you might want to feed best dry cat food. The best dry cat food is still homemade cat food , but because it is baked in small batches with good ingredients, the quality is better. Dry kibble is most useful for two reasons:
- Dental health: Hard snack-sized morsels are good for kitty’s dental health, especially if you don’t feed homemade raw cat food. Just wet cat food alone doesn’t scrape food off your cat’s teeth. Supplementing the homemade wet cat food with homemade best dry cat foods is one way to assist this issue.
- Convenience: Dry cat foods can be the easiest way to go when your pet must be boarded or when you need to travel. Combine this with a pre-prepared wet cat food is the ideal.
- Replace cornmeal or some of the other flours with higher value grains like ground oat flour, barley, or brown rice flour.
- Add in small amounts of puréed vegetables (even baby food ones) in place of small amounts of water.
- Add an egg or two. This helps bind the ingredients together and adds beneficial protein.
- Change the proteins! You shouldn’t use fish all the time. Add in other meats like ground turkey or chicken.
- Replace some of the oil with applesauce for a fruit choice.