BANGKOK, Thailand - A hippopotamus swallowed a circus dwarf in a "freak accident" in northern Thailand, according to a columnist in the Pattya Mail.
The Grapevine column reported: "A circus dwarf, nickname Od, died recently when he bounced sideways from a trampoline and was swallowed by a yawning hippopotamus waiting to appear in the next act."
That's odd, I would think that anyone whose worth their weight in circus dwarf management is well aware of how often dwarfs typically bounce sideways towards awaiting animals.
"Vets said Hilda the Hippo had a gag reflex which caused her to swallow. More than 1000 spectators continued to applaud wildly until they realized there had been a tragic mistake."
This should serve as a warning to any and all dwarfs near trampolines or hippopotamuses with gag reflexes, you should try and steer clear of each other.
Hall of Fame