Okay, so as we all (hopefully) now know that BREXIT stands for the British exit from the European Union. And it seems now that they have made their exit, there was a bit of confusion on exactly what they voted for. I have been in a similar situation before, so I share their sympathy and I would like to share 5 things that BREXIT could have EASILY been mistaken for.
5. New McDonald’s Breakfast Sandwich - It’s not a far off chance that this could still come to fruition. I hear the word “Brexit” and I feel it is slang for breakfast, but I also am always hungry. I immediately think biscuit, a breakfast biscuit. We know the English love their biscuits, and depending on the time of voting, they could have just been hungry.
4. Brazilian Mexican Italian Fusion Cuisine - I know, again with a food thought, but read me out on this one. Nowadays there is always some new fusion food truck, restaurant or food item. I know I’m not just hungry this time, because I just enjoyed a Kind bar and a bowl of cereal, so suck it. Also, that picture is Mexican Lasagna, so it’s already 2/3 of the way there!!
3. A Construction Supply Company - Bricks, Brex, you get where I’m going here, I’m not even going to waste mine or your time explaining what we both thought.
2. New Apple iMessage Feature - This one, is too easy, “just brex-it to me”, am I right??? I swear I’ve actually heard this before… My parents maybe? Maybe someone who was confused?? Maybe I’m confused? Sounds right.
1. The British Version of Ghosting - This is considerably the most rational explanation, it’s almost what they actually ended up doing. For those that don’t know “ghosting”, is the term for the “Irish goodbye”, which is what many people do when they get inebriated beyond the point of communication - well, mainly the people that don’t black out. It also is in some instances considered a sex crime, JK, I hope not… I have done this many of times, and I could see how this could of been what they mistook BREXIT for. I never really mean to leave the party forever, just maybe for the night,or evening, or morning in some instances, I always plan to return!! It’s almost as if Britain did “ghost” out on some of their best friends and are now waking up to a slew of texts that they have to answer for. With that being said, I sympathize on so many levels.
As you can see, this is only 5 ways, off the top of my head, that I thought of in less than 5 minutes, that could have derailed an entire country’s standing. There are many factors that have to be taken into consideration but at the end of the day, there is no telling what comes of this or what they are intending or even intended to do. What do I know? I don’t fully follow politics enough to comprehend what’s going on, I just am bored on a Saturday morning in front of a computer screen trying to be clever. Keyword: Trying.
Oh, btw, I’m American, and by the looks of it - we are just as fucked.