Jay Leno alienated a lot of people during the recent late night television drama. Luckily for him, I’ve moved around a lot so I know what it’s like to start over again. Here are some tips to help Jay make new friends when he returns next month.
- First of all, don’t be afraid to make the first move. Take some initiative and introduce yourself to the celebrities on your show. Stop by their dressing room to say hello. Someone has to start the friendship. Why not you?
- Be kind to your guests. For example, pack extra snacks in your lunch so you can share. Who doesn’t like nice people? With SNACKS! Hahahahaha.
- Show genuine interest in your guests’ work. Celebrities put a lot into those projects and they will appreciate your enthusiasm. Sure, other talk show hosts will help promote a movie but be the one who truly cares.
- Make an effort to join groups. Think about it. Just by being in the group, you’ll already have that common connection. See? It’s so easy.
- Oh, this one is very important. Hygiene. Celebrity guests do not respond well to bad breath or BO. Make sure that you shower and brush. Don’t forget the deodorant.
- Most importantly, Jay, be yourself. You’re the only You we’ve got.
I realize the past month must have been awful for you but it’s like someone once said, “Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”