Look, I love Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight and Tony Scott’s Beverly Hills Cop II as much as anyone. They’re both cinematic classics! Moreover, that’s what got me thinking: Could “both” of these sequels be the same movie?
“No!” I protested. “What a crazy idea! They were clearly written and directed by different guys in different eras of masterful cinema. It’s impossible!” I thought all sorts of crazy things, just like you probably are right now, but then it happened. I opened my eyes and started looking at the glaring evidence. My world will never be the same.
Below, I’ve compiled some of the best arguments proving our beloved Nolan had literally taken the 80’s classic Murphy flick and re-released it as a new film (with some help of CGI of course). This post is not intended to shatter anyone’s world or offend. I’m not trying to go viral, and I do not need a Twitter backlash. I’m just a guy that wants to share his findings and see if you agree. Rid your ego, free your mind and make up your own opinions.
1. Uh, sequels much?
“Both” of these films are sequels. Coincidence?
2. Directed by a British White Guy
It is true, “both” our beloved Nolan and Tony “Top Gun” Scott are Brits. What are they, the Beatles or something?!
3. Heists up top
Both films open with heists led by women. I notated which film each picture is from.
4. Evil White People
I mean, I get it, but what are they trying to say here?
5. “Both” star a stunning and smart lead MAN that goes against the system to create his own system and bring criminals to justice. Also, they are the heroes we deserve, but not the ones the city thinks we need.
^ What that guy said!
6. IMDB credits Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, John Roesch, Kimberly Harris and John P. Fasal as working on both films.
7. “Both” plots contain the word “help” and mention two public officials.
Billy Rosewood and John Taggart = Jim Gordon and Harvey Dent? You Decide!
8. Posters have the same color scheme.
Orange, yellow and black. Need I say more?
9. Their taglines are basically interchangeable
10. Type in any actor from either film into this website and they’re connected!!
I didn’t believe it at first, but it’s true!
11. Walls of video screens
A picture is worth a thousand words.
12. They’re not Magic Mike nor anything gold from the likes of Channing “Midas Touch” Tatum